Link-Up Film Festival Berlin is a one-day non-competitive event that seeks to bring budding filmmakers together. The event will be absolutely free of charge and will be held on the 26th of January 2020 at Moviemento Kino Berlin.
If you wish to submit your films for the screenings, you can do so here. Films that will be screened will be no longer than 15 minutes. Please submit the films latest by the 18th of December 2019. The selected films will be announced on the 23rd of December 2019.
If you wish to get your free tickets, please call 030 6924785 (Moviemento Kino, Berlin).
We look forward to seeing you!
1. Organisers of the Link-Up Film Festival Berlin are last semester bachelor students at SAE Institute Berlin, in cooperation with Moviemento Kino.
2. Films may not be longer than 15 minutes.
3. For a film to be eligible to enter the Link-Up Film Festival Berlin 2020 the entry form and Video File for viewing purposes must be submitted through Filmfreeway.com by December 18th, 2019. Films must be subtitled in English if dialogues are in a language other than English.
4. Submitted films will be considered for all festival categories (irrespective of release date or whether it was previously screened).
4.1 Categories include:
Short films, music videos, experimental, image films, animation, both fiction & non-fiction work.
5. The risks and costs of sending viewing material and screening copies to the Link-Up Film Festival Berlin are the responsibility of the sender.
5.1 For selected films: If sending physical screen copies (DCP hard drives, DVD’s, Blu-Ray), they must be sent directly to Moviemento Kino (Kottbusser Damm 22, 10967 Berlin, Germany) by January 3rd 2020. Digital screening copies must be sent as a downloadable link (preferably through WeTransfer) to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 3rd 2020.
6. Acceptable screening formats are as follows:
D-Cinema: DCP-Hard drive (CRU or USB)
E-Cinema: Windows or Mac-formatted external drive (USB) With appropriate file names.
Codecs: mpeg2, mpeg4, h264 (mp4)
Sound: PCM (WAV) or AC3 Audio Codec
Resolution: up to 2048 x 1080 Pixel
Data rate: Up to 50Mbit
7. Material and Images: Each entry to Filmfreeway.com must be accompanied by 1-2 film stills (JPEG or TIFF, min. 300dpi) as well as 1 photo and filmography of the director. A contact email address for notifications about the submission status and for publication in festival media (print and online) is mandatory. In the case of festival participation, representatives of the press can be provided with stills from the film.
8. Film copies are insured for their print value for the duration of the festival. Compensation claims must be made within 10 days after the film has been returned. Court jurisdiction is in Berlin.
9. All parcels should come from EU member states.
10. By submitting a film to the Link-Up Film Festival Berlin the sender consents to the film being screened at the festival. It is no longer possible to retract the film from festival inclusion once the application form has been sent. It is the responsibility of the sender to ensure that permission has been obtained from all appropriate parties before submitting a film.
11. For promotional purposes excerpts of the film can be used in festival trailers, broadcast on TV, or on the festival website, free of charge. The excerpts cannot exceed 3 minutes or 10% of the total length of the film. Individual films selected for the festival will also be made available in full to representatives of the press for promotional purposes.
12. The screening copy must arrive no later than 15 working days before the festival begins (latest by Friday, January 3, 2020. 23:59 CET).
13. Notice of festival acceptance and rejection will be given on December 23rd 2019 via email. Please include legible email addresses on the application form!
14. Video Files and Preview DVD shall remain in the Link-Up Film Festival archive. All festival entries may be viewed by accredited guests at the Link-Up Film Festival Library during the festival.
15. After the festival, and in agreement with the rights holders, Link-Up Film Festival presents selected films that were shown in the festival’s programmes, at non-commercial screenings of the festival’s highlights.
16. Link-Up Film Festival Berlin operates on the basis of the European Data Protection Regulation. We take the protection of your data seriously and will not pass it on to third parties. When submitting via our partner platform Filmfreeway.com, the data entered there will be transmitted to Link-Up Film Festival and stored by Link-Up Film Festival. Link-Up Film Festival stores the transmitted data for the purpose of communicating with filmmakers within the framework of its festival work and for further curatorial work. The same applies to the data transmitted to Link-Up Film Festival via a festival submission form (pdf).