LIMA ALTERNA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL is a Peruvian film event that disseminates the best alternative, independent and auteur cinema from all over the world. It invites Lima's audience to discover the current panorama of cinema at a global level in the different filmmaking aspects that are being developed.
The fourth edition of LIMA ALTERNA will take place from October 13th to 22nd 2023 in Lima and we will have a virtual panorama during the festival.
- International Competition
- Iberoamerican Competition
- International Short Film Competition
Best Short Film
1. Registrations for the third edition of LIMA ALTERNA IFF competitions are open for fiction, creative documentary, experimental, and animation from any country that have been produced or released in 2022 or 2023. The films needs to have an available peruvian premiere.
2. For the pre-selection, applicants can send their works under these modalities:
International short, medium and full length films
- Only through FilmFreeway platform.
Peruvian Films (any duration)
- Sending a private link with the registration form sent to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Through the FilmFreeway platform.
The entry form for peruvian films will be available soon on the website www.limaalternafilmfestival.com
3. The selection committee has the faculty to select films that apply to non-competitive sections of the festival. After the film has been selected for any of the sections, it cannot be removed from the festival's program nor can it be exhibited in any other event in Peruvian territory before its official presentation in LIMA ALTERNA IFF.
4. The festival will not make payments of screening fees to any applicant film that will be selected.
5. The festival will only consider international films with available peruvian premiere for our international competitions. Films that have been previously screened in Peru (excepting Lima) may be considered for the parallel sections of the festival. Films previously screened in Lima won’t be consider for the festival.
6. Peruvian films (any duration) should have the Lima premiere available for Lima Alterna.
7. The deadline for the reception of international films have been extended to August 13th, 2023. The deadline for the reception of Peruvian films is September 17th, 2023.
8. Films received that do not comply with the application's conditions will be disqualified.
1. International Competition
Fiction, creative documentary, experimental and animated films made in any country are eligible.
Films of 30 minutes or more are accepted.
2. Peruvian Competition
Fiction, creative documentary, experimental and animated films made in Peru are eligible.
Films of any duration are accepted.
3. Ibero-American Competition
Applications for fiction, creative documentary, experimental and animated films made in any Latin American country are eligible.
Films of 30 minutes or more are accepted.
4. International Short film competition
Short fiction, creative documentary, experimental and animation films made in any country including Peru are eligible.
Films with a maximum length of 29 minutes are accepted.
1. The jurors for each competition will be made up of people from the film industry, arts and national and international culture.
2. Persons who are directly involved with the films in competition may not be members of the jury.
3. The jurors' decision is final.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
1. The registration to LIMA ALTERNA implies the absolute acceptance of the present rules and the cession of the projection rights during the realization of this edition as well as future cycles of the festival, with previous communication from the organization.
2. The selected applicants commit themselves not to broadcast their participation until the festival announces the programme through its different channels.
3. The owner(s) of the work give(s) the rights to exhibit it in different festival activities, as well as for advertising purposes.
RIGHTS OF THE WORKS INVOLVED
1. The applicants claim to be the sole and real owners of the audiovisual works presented to the festival, both in the case of being authors and assignees. In case of false declarations, because they are not the owners of the works, the responsibility for any claim from third parties will be exclusively of the participant who presents the work, without the festival having anything to answer in relation to third parties.
2. The applicants declare that they have all the rights involved in the work.
3. Applicants declare that they leave the festival unharmed with any claim regarding the ownership of the work and/or lack of authorization regarding the rights contained in it.
FORMATS AND COPIES
1. The festival has the power to request projection files (Pro Res, MKV, etc). For short films we only accept projection files.
2. The people in charge of the selected films in any section are committed to send a projection file in 1920x 1080p as a backup without any exception.