The Launch Pad Pilots Competition is back for 2018! We are now accepting submissions, so if you dream of writing for TV, submit your pilot today.
Here at Launch Pad we’ve spent the last 5 years working tirelessly to help writers launch their careers. Our partners and judges represent some of the top agents, managers, producers, and executives in the industry. This type of unprecedented access is unique to us and has resulted in 254 writers finding representation, 81 projects getting set up, and 48 writers getting staffed on a show.
This competition is truly a golden opportunity to get your work in the hands of the people that matter. So polish off your pilots and submit your script today.
WHAT DO I NEED?
One (or more) original television pilot no more than 70 pages.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
3 Grand Prize Winners will receive flights to Los Angeles for a meet and greet with some of the biggest agents, managers, and execs in the industry. Guaranteed Option Add-On: Our partner will option at least one pilot from the competition. Guaranteed Signing Add-On: Your chance to get a rep. Our partner will sign at least one writer from the competition. Mentorship Prizes Add-On: Our three mentors will each select a writer to advise and support through their journey in the industry.
Feedback Notes Add-On: Our readers are standing by, ready to give you a professional analysis of your work and constructive feedback on how to take it to the next level Every entrant will also receive the once in a lifetime opportunity to get their work in front of the top reps, producers, and execs in the industry, at companies such as CAA, Verve, 3 Arts, Anonymous Content, APA, Energy Entertainment, Bellevue, Imagine Entertainment, Chernin Entertainment and many more.
When you become part of the Launch Pad Community you become part of the family, and we work tirelessly with every writer to map out the first steps in each of their individual careers. We’re here to help and to be there for every scenario, question, or opportunity that arises from the competition. From individual introductions, meetings, calls, or prep, our community of mentors, alums and professionals are here to help you launch your career!
Awards & Prizes
3 Grand Prize Winners
- Our 3 Grand Prize Winners will be flown out to Los Angeles for a packed round of meetings with agents, managers and executives.
- The winners will also be our guest of honor at our Exclusive Tracking Board Event where winners will have the opportunity to meet with our 2018 Pilot Competition Judges and TB alumni.
- Winners' scripts will be sent out individually to agents, managers, executives, and producers.
- Winners' scripts will be sent out to our industry insider list of over 5,500 people.
- The Tracking Board will conduct an interview with the winning writers to be featured on our site.
- The Grand Prize Winners will be announced on The Launch Pad website and The Tracking Board website.
- Winners' names will be included as an "Honoree" in the 2018 Hit List.
Rules & Terms
- All scripts must be submitted with a cover page containing ONLY the script title, without any of the writer(s) names or discernable marks, including but not limited to WGA Registration numbers.
- All scripts MUST BE submitted as a PDF.
- All pilot scripts must be under 70 pages (any pilot with more than 70 pages will be disqualified).
- Do not submit any form of a story bible or pitch document with your pilot or feature script.
- NO specs of pre-existing shows or films are allowed. All submissions must be your own original work, story and characters. Any submissions of existing shows or films that the writer does not own will be disqualified.
- Scripts with multiple writers are allowed (however, all entry fees must be paid under one account).
- All scripts must be the sole property of the writer(s).
- All scripts will be read at least twice to ensure the best judgment of your work. All scripts will also be read blind, with no names, or title pages allowed. We choose this option so that each script is judged by the work, and the words alone.
- Pilots with a prior option are allowed, but at the time of submission and for the duration of the contest, must remain the writer’s property.
- The only scripts not allowed to be entered are those which have already sold, have previously earned our “TB Recommends” honors, or received a top 25 placement in a previous Launch Pad competition.
- Each script may only be entered one time. Once a script has been submitted, there are absolutely no substitutions of pages, drafts, or scripts overall.
- TB and all judges/readers will utilize whatever criteria they deem appropriate in deciding a winner.
- All scripts will remain the property of the writer(s) throughout the contest (at no point will anyone from the judge’s panel, or TB ever attach themselves to your work without your consent).
- Entrants may be contacted as a result of the contest by TB, the judging panel or other industry professionals in regards to representation, production, sale and/or option of the entered work.
- Entrants are under no obligation to sell their work or otherwise attach themselves to representation in any form.
- General script entries will not receive feedback, however, you can opt to upgrade and receive feedback on your script submission.
- Each Grand Prize Winner will be reimbursed up to $500 USD for airfare to Los Angeles for our Exclusive Tracking Board Event. Date of event is TBD.
- The contest is open to entrants 18 or older. It is an international contest and open to entrants worldwide.
- Tracking Board reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify these terms at any time without notice.
- If a judge, mentor, or partner is no longer able to serve in their chosen capacity, the Launch Pad will make best efforts to secure a replacement.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive periodic emails from The Tracking Board and The Launch Pad. You may unsubscribe to these at any time.
- If selected as a Overall Winner, or as a winner of one of our add on prizes (Guaranteed Signing, Guaranteed Option, or Mentorship Program) you agree to allow the respective partner an initial opportunity to agree to mutual terms with you concerning your winning script.
- All purchases and submissions are final. No refunds will be issued.