The 4th Annual Katra Latinx Festival call for entries now open! Presented by DIGITAL OCEAN, the Katra LatinX Festival is the premier independent Latino film event in the country. After launching virtually in 2020, KLX proudly returned to NYC for in-person screenings this year to great fanfare and audience thirst for Latino content. Katra’s Latinx mission is to champion independent Latino talent in front of and behind the camera where it belongs - ON THE BIG SCREEN! New York Daily News covered our return for in-person screenings this year in the following article: https://www.nydailynews.com/viva/ny-katra-latinx-film-festival-nyc-20220715-5zryqrxiyvfgxlkiwa4mhqqgbi-story.html?fbclid=IwAR2amARmY1DHIRnPKPesFPOBGD2YcaQt9-_bCKb1uW_F4Ldc9wbw4Qblsxk
KLX is an offshoot of the world-renowned Katra Film Series and was formed after the release of the 2019 UCLA Diversity Report revealed the dearth of the Latinx diaspora in Hollywood. KLX aims to change that by discovering, exhibiting and promoting new works by underrepresented Latinx Filmmakers with theatrical screenings, panel discussions, workshops and distribution opportunities. All of our official selections will be offered a distribution deal with one of our major streaming partners and will compete for $10,000+ in prizes. KLX is dedicated to empowering and showcasing Latinx filmmakers from around the world including screenwriters, episodic creators, music video directors and more. To be eligible for consideration two key members of the production must be of Latinx descent (either writer, director, producer, or actor). We accept features, short films, episodics, microshorts, TV pilots, documentaries, music videos, experimental films, animation, screenplays and more.
Katra Latinx Festival is presented by Digital Ocean and sponsored by Final Draft, JMR Rentals, CineLife, Canon USA, Screenblade, URBN-TV, UKW Media, GpopTV, New York Women in Film and TV, International Screenwriters’ Association and Meditative Writing.
PLEASE NOTE: The submission does not have to be about the Latino experience or directed by a Latino. A Latino/a/x, however, must be in a lead creative position. i.e. Director, Writer, Producer.
1. Submission Eligibility
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2020 and be subtitled in English.
- There is no premiere policy.
- Works-in-progress are accepted.
2. Exhibition Format: quicktime file or apple prores
3. Submitters understand that submission of their work authorizes the Katra Film Series to screen the work, and use the work for any exhibition, education and/or publicity purposes related to Katra Film Series. Katra Film Series is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. Submitters may receive future correspondence from the Katra Film Series.
5. Submission Fee
The submission fee is non-refundable.