Welcome to the Kathmandu World Film Festival (KWFF)!
Dedicated to the exhibition and preservation of independent film, our objective is to showcase World’s films to Kathmandu audiences. As we do so, we showcase the art and power of storytelling worldwide and gather communities to share diverse cultures, viewpoints, and conversations. With support from our many community partners, we celebrate independent film as the rich, cultural, economic, and educational asset it is.
Located in the central portion of Nepal, Kathmandu is known as the “Temple City of the World”.
Kathmandu is also home to a large art and music community, a growing filmmaking community, and generous patrons of the arts making Kathmandu audiences a hallmark of the festival. Sophisticated movie-goers of all ages and backgrounds - hungry for quality independent film - audiences are receptive, opinionated, and genuine. Screening a film at KWFF is a catalyst for generating awareness and buzz in the epicenter of the country that radiates through the region.
Human Rights Feature
Human Rights Short
WINNERs will receive a trophy, certificate, and laurels.
At this time, we welcome directors to join us for the screening but we cannot subsidize travel or accommodation.
Please take the time to read through the Rules & Terms before submitting your films.
1. Films can be on any issues.
3. All genres are welcome (documentary, narrative, animated, experimental, or music video).
4. We accept films from all regions. Non-English language films must have English subtitles.
5. Works-in-progress will not be considered.
6. You may submit films regardless of prior screening status or year of completion.
7. By submitting your film to KWFF you grant us permission to showcase (if selected), and utilise excerpt and images from film for promotional purposes.
8. Films must be submitted via an online submission method via filmfreeway.com
9. Submission fees are non-refundable, and once submitted may not be withdrawn without a written request and then at the sole discretion of KWFF.
10. Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release, forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. KWFF is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
*Our idea is to screen international films in Kathmandu, so Nepali filmmakers please do not submit your films here.