In keeping with our mission to support and encourage a vibrant cinematic community in Southwest Michigan, the Kalamazoo Film Society is pleased and proud to announce our first annual filmmaker showcase. Every film accepted will give filmmakers an opportunity to view their work with professional projections at Celebration Cinema in Portage, MI. After the showcase, filmmakers in attendance will be invited to the front of the auditorium for a Q&A, with prepared questions coming from the host of the evening, then opening up questions from the audience.
**This Is not a competition**. Each filmmaker in attendance will receive official selection laurels for promotional use.
-Has to be produced by a Michigan resident or produced in Michigan.
-Priority will be given to lower West Michigan residents
- Productions produced after January 2020 are eligible.
- Productions must have a runtime of no more than twenty (20) minutes including credits.
- Must be over 18 years of age to submit.
- Productions must be submitted on FilmFreeway.com
- Entries must be entered by the deadline date.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
- Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
- All decisions by judges, programmers and organizers will be final and no refund of entry fee will be permitted.
- Submitting does not automatically qualify you for judging. We will notify you by email or phone if your film is qualified.