● The KuanDog Prize is held at the 8th Kuandu International Animation Festival (KDIAF) in 2018 to provide animators a platform to screen and promote their works.
● The Festival not only injects new energy into the animation industry, it also promotes interactions between local and international participants.
● The KuanDog Prize encourages submissions from excellent animators and filmmakers. KDIAF also offers screening programs for outstanding animated films in different categories selected from all over the world.
● Every year we have around 20,000 attendees to our events.
【Best International Animated Short Film】: one winner;
● Prize –Cash Prize of US$2,000 and the KuanDog Trophy
● Eligibility: All productions are eligible to enter this category. Student productions can be opted to enter either this category or Best student Film category; however, each film can only choose one category.
【Best Student Film】: one winner;
● Prize – Cash Prize of US$1,500 and the KuanDog Trophy
● Eligibility: A film that was produced whiles the filmmaker(s) attending educational institutions and under instructors’ supervision.
【Taiwan Special Award】: one winner;
● Prize – Cash Prize of 45000NTD and the KuanDog Trophy
● Eligibility: All entered films that are/were produced by Taiwanese Filmmaker(s) can be considered for this award. To be eligible for Taiwan Special Award, the producer or director of the selected film may be required to provide proof of citizenship.
【 Best Original Score】：one winner,
●Prize – Cash Prize of 1000USD and the KuangDog Trophy
●Eligibility: All films entered in all above categories can be considered for this award.
【Tsai Han-I Taiwan student Award】 : one winner;
●Prize –Cash Prize of 45000NTD and the KuanDog Trophy
●Eligibility: All selected student films that is produced by Taiwanese Filmmaker(s) can be considered for this award. To be Eligible for Taiwan Special Award, the producer or director of the selected film may be required to provide proof of citizenship.
● Prize – Award Certificates
● Eligibility: All films entered in all above categories can be considered for this award. There may be more than one film being awarded this honor.
(There maybe more than one film being awarded Honorable Mentioned. The jury could also opt to give specific titles of each Honorable Mentioned recipient, i.e. Excellence in Character Design, Excellence in Art Direction, Best Experimental Animation, Commercial special and etc.)
Any audiovisual animated works, created frame by frame, with a run time less than 30 minutes, including titles and credits may be entered. It can be made of any techniques or genre. Only works must be completed after January 1, 2017 and never previously submitted to KDIAF will be accepted.
【REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION】
There is no entry fee required. It’s FREE to enter!
Submission deadline: July 15, 2018.
Entrants are under obligation to complete registration process and submit requested materials.
1. Required Materials:
* A digital copy of your film for Preview; Preview Format: (at least) 1920x1080 MOV、AVI、WMV、MP4、MPG.
* Entry form in digital format. (The page of FILM AUTHORIZATION must sign by director/ producer and send/email it back with scan or picture format.)
* 3~5 stills, JEPG format with at least 300dpi resolution.
* 1 photo of the director, JEPG format, with at least 300dpi.
*If any dialogue which is not in Chinese, entries must be enclosed with English or Chinese subtitles and the dialogue script with time code.
* A label including film title and contact info must be shown on the CD/DVD.
【SELECTION AND JURY】
1. The Pre-Selection Committee will view all submitted films and determine which films shall be selected for screening during KDIAF 2018 and for award consideration.
2. The nominations will be announced before 8/31 on the official website. KDIAF will also inform the selected films to re-submit a digital copy of the selected film for cinematic screening - 1080P (1920x1080) or above.
3. A Jury Board panel consists of animator, filmmaker, scholar and expertise will view and choose the Winners in each category. The winning films will be announced at the Award Ceremony.
【TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
1. By submitting the entry form for KDIAF 2018, the entrant accepts, without reservation, the terms of the present regulations as stated in this document.
2. Each entrant declares to be the author or rights owner of the film(s) in competition and to own all the literary, dramatic and musical rights. If the film(s) has involved in the case of breaching copyright at any level, the organizer will reserve the right to revoke the award.
3. By submitting the film, each selected film will be granted the right to KDIAF and the tour free of charge (in full or as an extract), for non-commercial and promotional purposes.
4. The entrant is responsible for the transport costs, insurance charges and customs fees incurred when shipping material to the Festival. Please note that the submitted materials will not be returned unless stamped and self-addressed envelope is enclosed.
5. Modification of film(s) or changing title after submission will not be accepted.
6. All prize awards should comply with Taiwanese Income Tax Law; failed to do so will cause the forfeit of the prize.
7. Matters not mentioned in these regulations will be decided by the KDIAF Organizing Committee.