Lights, camera, and plenty of action down at the Jersey Shore!
The Jersey Shore Film Festival (JSFF) is returning to Asbury Park, Deal Park, and Red Bank in New Jersey along the Jersey Shore, during the Summer of 2024. JSFF has grown to become one of the marquee film festivals in New Jersey. It is a lucrative opportunity for filmmakers, directors, actors, production crew, and of course, producers/filmmakers; who are showcasing their work, and networking with leading industry individuals, as well as company mainstays, in order to make significant contacts as well as achieve recognition in the industry. JSFF will attract audience members, filmmakers, and industry leaders within direct reach of New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Connecticut, as well as across the country, and around the world. JSFF is proud to feature cutting-edge work from the rising stars of today's up-and-coming as well as established filmmakers.
Festival attendees, enjoy everything the Jersey Shore has to offer, from the beaches to the boardwalks, the restaurants, the shopping, and so much more! We welcome Summer with a fun-filled festival, screening cutting-edge films, as well as mingling with other filmmakers, and industry leaders at various partying events, workshops, and networking gatherings. Selected Filmmakers, will be called on to address their fellow filmmakers, as well as the general public, in order to share their experiences, and journeys while making their films.
For the filmmakers: there will be possible streaming, and or live screening of their work. Filmmakers will also have the opportunity to gather together with industry leaders and fellow filmmakers during the networking breakfast, afternoon gatherings, as well as nightly conferences. There will be Q&A sessions after screenings, and a meet-and-greet gathering at various Jersey Shore events. There will also be a private gathering 'Gala Opening Night' for the award-nominated filmmakers, as well as producers, investors, and the press.
Finally: the filmmakers nominated for an award will have the opportunity to attend the prestigious 'Awards Ceremony'. This highly anticipated event will punctuate a most prestigious festival experience. All in all a great opportunity for filmmakers to stay in contact with other filmmakers, industry movers and shakers, and the rest of the universe.
Established in 2006 by Stevie, the Jersey Shore Film Festival (JSFF) has grown from a sheer concept into a truly promising event, and ultimately a lucrative opportunity for interaction by filmmakers and those attached to the film industry. Already, the festival has delivered on its potential ability to attract thousands of audience members within direct reach of Asbury Park, Bradley Beach, Belmar, Long Branch, Elberon, Deal, Deal Park, Allenhurst, Loch Arbor, Ocean Grove, Red Bank, and the extended Jersey Shore communities, as well as the Greater Tri-State area. The festival has brought filmmakers, and visiting artists from around the world to introduce their films, answer audience questions, and participate in panel discussions. Just a small sample of previous JSFF guests included: Marc Lawrence, Steve Guttenberg, Dan Hedaya, John Budion, Tim Busfield, Lillian Glass, and Morris S. Levy among a host of others.
The Jersey Shore Film Festival Screening Committee will choose a wide spectrum of films, all intended to accomplish the festival’s mission - to screen thought-provoking films intended to attract and entertain the greatest mass of audiences throughout the Jersey Shore. The JSFF showcases contemporary films from around the world, including Asia, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, as well as America, ultimately joining up with local New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut filmmakers.
Grand Jury Award: Best 'Qwik Qlip' (A story told in less than 60 seconds, anywhere)
Grand Jury Award: Best Jersey Qwik Qlip (A story told in less than 60 seconds, in Jersey)
Grand Jury Award: Best Picture (THE Best of the Best)
Grand Jury: Best Director
Grand Jury: Best Male Actor
Grand Jury: Best Female Actor
Grand Jury: Best Narrative Feature
Grand Jury: Best Documentary Feature
Grand Jury: Best International Narrative Feature
Grand Jury: Best International Documentary Feature
Grand Jury: Best 'Jersey' Narrative Feature
Grand Jury: Best 'Jersey' Documentary Feature
Best Environmentally Friendly Feature Film (46 minutes or more)
Best Environmentally Friendly Short Film (45 minutes or less)
Best Narrative Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Narrative Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best International Narrative Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best International Documentary Short (Less than 46 minutes running time)
Best Animated Film ( Up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Short Short - Anywhere in the World (Less than 5 minutes running time)
Best Short-Short - International (Less than 5 minutes running time)
Best Short-Short - Jersey (Less than 5 minutes running time)
Best Music Video - (Less than 8 minutes running time)
Best Original Music Score (Less than 8 minutes running time)
Best Male Actor in a Short
Best Female Actor in a Short
Best Prime Time Pilot - Drama (Less than 30 minutes running time)
Best Prime Time Pilot - Comedy (Less than 30 minutes running time)
Best Prime Time (Jersey) Pilot (Less than 30 minutes run-time)
Best Prime Time Pilot - Drama (Less than 60 minutes run-time)
Best Prime Time Pilot - Comedy (Less than 60 minutes run-time)
Best Prime Time (Jersey) Pilot (Less than 60 minutes run-time)
Best Horror/Thriller Feature - Anywhere In The World (46 minutes or more run-time)
Best Jersey Horror/Thriller Feature - (46 minutes or more running time)
Best Politically Correct/Incorrect Short (45 minutes or less running time)
Best Creative Work by a filmmaker (Any length run-time)
Best Rising Star Filmmaker/Director (up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Student Film (up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Rising Star Filmmaker/Director (up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Jersey Student Film (up to 45 minutes running time)
Best Qwik Qlip: 'Home Movie'
Best Short: 'Do-Over' (Previously submitted work)
Best Feature: 'Do-Over' (Previously submitted work)
Honorable Mention Award
Audience Choice Awards
Terms & Conditions
* Filmmakers submitting films assume all rights in regard to production of submission.
* To qualify for student entry fee rates, and prizes, the entrant must include proof of student status at the time of submission (copy of student ID).
* All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable. There are absolutely NO refunds once an entry is submitted.
* Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration,
* If an entry includes a 'Flash Drives' or DVD's , they should be received in our office within 7-12 days from the date notified for submission.
* All entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
* Films already shown theatrically, or have been broadcast on television in the Tri-State Area prior to the Festival or, available on DVD or VOD are eligible for consideration.
* The Jersey Shore Film Festival retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
* Once a film has been submitted it cannot be withdrawn from consideration.
* Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
* You may submit multiple entries, however, you must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
* Films are selected for Jersey Shore Film Festival presentation by the Jersey Shore Film Film Festival screening committee. If a film is selected, the Jersey Shore Film Festival administrative office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
* By submitting; the filmmaker agrees to allow the Jersey Shore Film Festival to use excerpts from their screeners for use in trailers, publicity, and promotions as it pertains to the marketing of the Jersey Shore Film Festival, and to promote and encourage audience members to attend and or participate in the Jersey Shore Film Festival.
* The Jersey Shore Film Festival is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
* Submitted films will NOT be returned to filmmakers, otherwise. there will be a $75.00 fee due to JSFF by the submitter for all entries requested to be returned in order to cover administrative costs incurred by JSFF.
* The decision of the organizers of the Jersey Shore Film Festival, as to the interpretation of these rules is final.
* All accepted submissions will be notified on or before June 17.
* All non-accepted submissions will be notified on or before June 17.