A FESTIVAL OF SHORT CHRISTIAN FILMS!
A Film Festival with a Mission! Join us in Jamaica's beautiful Capital City, Kingston, where Caribbean rhythms and faith come together for the Jamaica International Faith Film Festival 2020.
Hosted by the Jamaica Youth for Christ, the festival will screen Christian and faith-based films from all over the world, bringing the message of God's love, hope and peace to the people of Kingston, Jamaica. The festival will be free to the public and include opportunities for the filmmakers to participate in an evangelistic or social mission while on the island. PLUS enjoy an uplifting concert featuring some of Jamaica's finest gospel ministers.
About the Festival
JAMAICA INTERNATIONAL FAITH FILM FESTIVAL IS ALL ABOUT SHARING GOD'S WORD AND LOVE THROUGH FILM! WE WANT YOUR FILM!
Please note however, that the festival takes place on the property of a Christian Ministry therefore NO PROFANITY, NO NUDITY, NO HORROR OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
What to expect
After a weekend of free workshops for local filmmakers The three-day festival begins on Thursday, with a welcome party with film screenings that inspire hope, encourage dreams, and tell stories about courage and faith in the midst of challenges.
On Friday morning, join the JYFC mission team on a visit to a local school to host school devotions, followed by a visit to a children's home and lunch at a local restaurant. )lunch not included). Then head back to Festival Central for another evening of wonderful faith films and interaction with friendly locals.
Saturday morning, join us for a morning tour of Kingston OR a trip to the beach (the beach in February sounds wonderful I know) all before lunch time. Then save the afternoon for more great films and interactions followed by Awards night and an arousing concert.
Categories are: Mini, Short, Middy, Feature, Student, Documentary and Animation.
Give your faith-based and inspiring films an audience in Jamaica and help us change lives with your film! .
Most Inspirational Award
The National Director's Award
Best Narrative Short
Best Femle Director
People's Choice Awards
Rules & Terms
VIDEO LINKS AND ONLINE SCREENERS PREFERRED. TO MAIL A DVD OF YOUR FILM PLEASE EMAIL US FOR AN ADDRESS AT email@example.com
1. This festival takes place on the grounds of a Christian Ministry. Films containing profanity, nudity, sexually explicit scenes, simulated sex or excessive violence will NOT be accepted. NO horror films will be accepted. Submissions containing such materials are ineligible for screening.
The following films are ideal for this festival
- Faith-based films with Christian values
- Inspirational films with themes that exemplify moral standards in accordance with traditional family values
- Films that inspire faith, courage, hope
- Films that promote good moral standards and behaviors
2. Films created in or containing any language other than English must be subtitled in English.
3. Competition is open to anyone who wishes to enter.
4. Films produced, primarily financed, or initiated by a major Hollywood film studio are ineligible for competition.
5. Films must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2010. Films currently in progress must be completed at the time of submission. No rough cuts accepted.
4. Films must be available for screening during the festival, February 7-10, 2019
5. By submitting a film to the JIFF Festival, the filmmaker agrees to allow the film to be screened at the festival, and to allow short portions of the film to be used by BarriVision Productions, the producer of the festival and the JIFF Festival for promotional purposes.