The Iranian Film Festival of Zürich (IFFZ), is being organized to fill the cultural gap between Iranians and Swiss as well as the many foreigners living in Switzerland. Each year the festival presents the Swiss audience a selection of the best contemporary feature films, fictions and documentaries from all generations of Iranian filmmakers in Zürich. The IFFZ define itself as a platform for presenting the Iranian culture and tradition and for building a bridge between different cultures by the means of the universal language of art – and especially the 7th art, cinema.
1. A jury of 5 professionals will chose the best feature film which will be awarded the
Golden Cyrus Cylinder endowed with a cash price of $ 2’000.00
2. A jury of 3 professionals will chose the best short film which will be awarded cash prize
and of $ 500.00
1. The festival accepts films by Iranian filmmakers, films in Farsi and films about Iran by
filmmakers from any country.
2. The festival accepts film of any genre. Be it a feature: a fiction, a documentary or an
3. Any submitted film must have subtitles in German or in English.
4. If possible, any submitted film should celebrate its premiere in Switzerland
5. Any submitted film must have been produced between 2020 - 2022
6. The festival won’t pay any fees to films that enter competition.
7. If accepted DCP and a QuickTime of the film must reach festival by April 10, 2022.
8. Film accepted for competition can not be withdraw from the festival.