The Inwood Film Festival presented by Inwood Art Works is a community event in a world class city, intent on showcasing the sights, sounds, people and talents of the filmmakers that reside in Inwood, NYC and its surrounding community, and filmmakers that make their films in the community.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING:
All films will be either made in Inwood or its surrounding community (Washington Heights, Spuyten Duyvil, Kingbridge, and Riverdale) or by current or past Inwood community filmmakers.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOUR FILM DOES MEET THESE CONDITIONS.
Categories will include:
• Short Shorts - exhibition of films 5" or less made by people from Inwood and its surrounding community or made in the Inwood community.
• Long Shorts - exhibition of short films 25" minutes or less made by people from Inwood and its surrounding community or made in the Inwood community.
• Feature Films - exhibition of feature films made by people from Inwood and its surrounding community or made in the Inwood community.
• Student Films - exhibition of films made by current students who reside or attend school in the Inwood community or made in Inwood.
• Web Series - (New Category!) - Web series made by people from Inwood and its surrounding community or made in the Inwood community.
The film festival will take place in-person and online on IFF+.
Submissions close December 25, 2022. Late submission deadline is January 15.
Festival dates will be March or June 2023, pending venue availibility.
Awards given for excellence in filmmaking:
*Spirit of Inwood Award
*Short Short Award
*Long Short Award
*Feature Film Award
*Student Film Award
*Web Series Award
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING:
*All films will be either made in Inwood or its surrounding community (Washington Heights, Spuyten Duyvil, Kingbridge, and Riverdale) or by current or past Inwood community filmmakers.
*Films must be the finished and complete final cut. No works-in-progress, trailers or teasers.
*Films that have had a public screening or exhibition elsewhere including film festivals in or outside of New York; or have been commercially broadcast, distributed or exhibited in theaters; or have been distributed on DVD, broadcast on TV; or through digital media (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) are eligible.
Web Series Guidelines:
*Please only submit the pilot episode.
*A Web Series must have 3 or more episodes.
*Episodes must have a maximum length of 30 minutes per episode.
*Any genre is acceptable.
*All Film guidelines are applicable.
*Please note that Official Selections for Web Series will exhibit exclusively online via IFF+.
• Entrant(s) can submit one short film and/or one feature film, and/or one web series.
• Only one person (“film representative”) representing the film or web series submitted shall be the point of contact for each film.
• Entrant(s) confirm(s) and warrant(s) required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
• All exhibition copies must be delivered at 1080p mp4 format or higher resolution.