The festival's mission is promoting the importance of film music and its composers, as well as film sound. The festival's goals are to originate and encourage discussions, connecting people, advising, educating young composers, but also other people, through discussion panels, seminars, film market and media publishing; we tend to start and maintain creative and constructive discussions about that indelible link between film and music.
The Crystal Pine Award for best film scores and sound will be awarded in the following categories:
1. Best Original Score | Feature Film – up to 10 nominations
2. Best Original Score | Documentary Feature – up to 5 nominations
3. Best Original Score | Short film (live-action, documentary and animated) – up to 10 nominations
1. Best Sound Mixing – up to 5 nominations
2. Best Sound Editing – up to 5 nominations
Special Crystal Pine Award will be awarded besides these categories for the authors who have composed the best music for the world’s best-known movies in the past year – up to 12 nominations.
AWARDS FOR BEST FILM SCORES 2019
Application period will run until August 31st the latest. The Artistic Board of the Festival will conduct selection of movies for nominations, and the criteria will be determined in relation to the quality and originality of the score and sound. Only films with the production date between January 1st 2018 and July 31st 2019, will be considered for nominations.
SELECTION CRITERIA WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Music/Sound from the film has to be produced within January 1st 2018 and July 31st 2019;
2. The sender must fill online entry form, pay the fee of €15 (EUR) and send the link(s) with BOTH the film AND the score to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
3. Selected films must be in accordance with the categories (feature films – 50 minutes and more, short films – 2 min to 49 min, etc.)
4. Eligible servers/links are Vimeo, YouTube or similar. Optionally, WeTransfer or similar download links may be submitted, but Vimeo/YouTube/etc will be considered first.
The prizes for Best Original Score in total value of 500EUR can be given either in cash or in a equivalent value of products and services.