The festival's mission is promoting the importance of film music and its composers, as well as film sound. The festival's goals are to originate and encourage discussions, connecting people, advising, educating young composers, but also other people, through discussion panels, seminars, film market and media publishing; we tend to start and maintain creative and constructive discussions about that indelible link between film and music.
The Crystal Pine Award for best film scores and sound will be awarded in the following categories:
1. Best Original Score | Feature Film – up to 15 nominations
2. Best Original Score | Documentary Feature – up to 10 nominations
3. Best Original Score | Short film (live-action, documentary and animated) – up to 20 nominations
4. Best Original Score | Series - up to 5 nominations
5. Best Original Song | Feature Film - up to 5 nominations
6. Best Sound Mixing/Editing – up to 10 nominations
Special Crystal Pine Award will be awarded besides these categories for the authors who have composed the best music for the world’s best-known movies in the past year – up to 12 nominations.
Crystal Pine for Best Picture (overall, a feature length production) - up to 10 nominations
Crystal Pine for Best Short (Live-Action, Animated or Documentary) - up to 10 nominations
AWARDS FOR BEST PICTURE, FILM SCORES, SONG AND SOUND 2023
The application period will run until July 31 the latest. The Artistic Board of the Festival will conduct a selection of movies for nominations, and the criteria will be determined in relation to the quality and originality of the picture overall, score, song and sound. Only films with the production date between September 1st 2021 and June 30th 2023, will be considered for nominations.
SELECTION CRITERIA WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Music/Sound/Song from the film or the film (Picture) itself has to be produced within September 1st 2021 and June 30th 2023;
2. Selected films must be in accordance with the categories (feature films – 45 minutes and more, short films – 2 min to 44 min, etc.)
3. The maximum of two composers shall be considered for their work on one film. In special circumstances, the third name may be added.
4. One composer can submit as many works as she/he wants, however, no more than two films per category can be nominated.
5. Best Picture Crystal Pine Award is awarded to Director
6. Please, send your submission via FilmFreeway.