The International Film Festival for Peace, Inspiration, and Equality (IFFPIE) was established to celebrate the World Peace Day (September 21) and to participate in making a more peaceful and better world, raise the quality of life, and maintain intercultural relationship for better acceptance and deeper understanding of people and diversity in life. Our main mission is to promote films about peace, inspiration and equality issues, carrying strong methods of storytelling, produced with excellent technique and crafted with passion and love for humanity.
IIFFPIE is one of the members of a consortium festivals group internationalfilmfestivals.org which aim is to help promote the goals of the United Nations in celebrating international days of peace, women, anti-discrimination, tolerance, youth, family, humanitarian, human rights, health, environment, disability, etc.
We receive submissions from all over the world. The festival accepts feature and short film, documentary (any length), screenplay, music video, and we welcome ambitious newcomers to star their excellent films. The festival appreciates all the hard work every department contributes to making a film. With the all-in-one package, juries of the festival will value various performances such as directing, cinematography, editing, performance, story, acting, sound, production design, costume design, music, etc. The festival would give separate awards if they got selected.
Following the big success of our last year's events and outstanding acclaim from Indonesian audience regarding international film festivals about peace, inspiration, and equality, and to celebrate the United Nation International Day of Peace on September 2017, with the bright hope we are welcoming filmmakers into our seventh-year festival.
Our prominent past winner include the Indonesian President, former USA President, Pope, Nobel Peace Prize winner, Hollywood stars, Academy Award Winners, and many more.
We conduct a press conference, awards ceremony, workshop, and dozens of films are screened. Working together with the largest Indonesian cinema network, several private foundations and international culture centers, and having good connection with influential members of high-ranking society, the festival has managed to conduct yearly outstanding awards ceremony attended by kings, sultans, queen, ministers, senators, parliament members, notable guests, artists, and leading newspapers.
During the awards night, overall winner will receive an exquisite winning statue. On that day, the festival will also give awards of outstanding excellence, awards of excellence, and awards of merit to the winning filmmakers.
RULES & REGULATION:
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to IFFPIE:
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay to the International Film Festivals for Peace, Inspiration, and Equality (the Festival), you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film Festivals shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.