In 2024, the fifth edition of the International Film Festival on Totalitarianism organized by the Institute of National Remembrance will take place, the subject of which covers the broadly understood issues of totalitarianism.
The idea of our festival is to create a space where we will consider the issue of totalitarianism in many aspects.
Therefore, we invite authors of various film genres (fiction, documentary, animation) from around the world to submit their full-length films to our competition sections.
In addition to film screenings, an important element of the Festival will also be thematic meetings with directors, producers, historians and people of culture and art. Undoubtedly, they will become an important supplement to the content of the presented films.
We have no doubt that nowadays talking about totalitarian systems and the threats they bring is something extremely important. Please join us. We are waiting for your films!
- Main Prize in the feature film competition - statuette and cash prize
- Audience Award - honor mention and statuette
- Janusz Kurtyka Award - honor mention and statuette
of the V International Film Festival on Totalitarianisms
1. The V International Film Festival on Totalitarianisms, hereinafter referred to as "the Festival", is a cultural and educational initiative. The theme of the festival is the issue of totalitarianisms.
2. The festival is organised by the Institute of National Remembrance - Commission for the Prosecution of Crimes against the Polish Nation, hereinafter referred to as the "Institute", based in Warsaw.
3. The festival will take place from April 08-13, 2024 in Lublin.
4. You can submit full-length (+50) feature, documentary, animated, experimental and innovative visual productions about the subject of totalitarianism to the festival competition.
5. Films should be produced within the years 2022 - 2023.
1. Film submissions for participation in the Festival are made by the owner of the proprietary copyrights to the film (producer), hereinafter referred to as the "submitter".
2. Films can be submitted until December 10, 2023.
3. Submissions for films without English subtitles will not be considered.
4. Submissions of films not related to the main theme of the festival will not be considered.
5. An online version of the festival is also possible. The submitters who submit the film to the festival agree to participate in both the theatrical version and the online version of the festival, if such version will take place and will be aviable.
6. Submitting a film to participate in the Festival is tantamount to accepting the regulations.
1. The admission of the submitted film to participate in festival screenings is decided by a commission appointed by the Institute which conducts a selection of the films.
2. The commission's decisions are final.
3. After receiving information about the qualification of the film for festival screenings and acceptance by the applicant, they undertake not to withdraw the film from the Festival.
4. The applicant is obliged to deliver within 5 days of receiving the information:
a) screening copy of film
b) film press kit with photos
c) dialogue list in English (timecodes)
e) short synopsis – summary in English
5. The information referred to in paragraph 4, shall be received by the submitters electronically at least 30 days before the start of the Festival.
6. Films submitted for the festival cannot be withdrawn. Upon submission the filmmakers accept the presentation of their films during the festival as well as to present the film during any retrospective of the Festival.
7. The festival can use extracts of submitted films (up to 3 minutes) as well as still pictures for means of non-commercial festival advertising to every kind of mass-media.