Inspired Dance Film Festival is an international dance on film festival held in Australia created to celebrate & showcase dance filmmakers globally. 2021 see the expansion of the festival to a 3-day event that includes:
*multiple curated screenings
*discussion panels with industry professionals
All culminating in our Gala Screening and Awards Ceremony.
This year's festival will run in both Sydney and Perth, with the full programme available online for our international audience.
Best Student Dance Film Award (18 yrs +)
Best Art/Experimental Dance Film Award
Best Australian Dance Film Award
Best International Dance Film Award
SF3 - Best Mobile Device Film Award
Best Live Performance Capture Dance Film Award
Best Documentary or Feature Dance Film Award
VentureCrowd - Best of the Fest Dance Film Award
BWP Studios - Best Film Production Award
Peoples Choice Award
(All award winners receive a trophy and award laurel)
To be eligible for the category awards you must enter your film into the relevant category.
You may enter your film into more than one category (eg: Students may enter the student category and mobile device category). Submission fees apply for each category entered.
1. Films for Inspired Dance Film Festival Official Selection must be no longer than 20 minutes for shorts and 50 minutes for documentaries and features, including titles and credits.
2. Inspired Dance Film Festival accepts any and all dance and film genres.
3. You can use any software to edit video and audio.
4. You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
5. You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorization from the musician, artist, writer, or record label. We may ask for this documentation at any time.
6. You may also be required to provide Dancer Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
7. The festival is open to filmmakers of 18 years and above.
8. The extended submission deadline is 11:59 pm (AEST), September 18th, 2021.
9. Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the Inspired Dance website and shown online and on the Inspired Dance YouTube/Vimeo channel at the festival organiser’s discretion unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with Inspired Dance. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any concerns about this.
10. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
11. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. If your film is selected as a finalist for our Inspired Dance Film Festival it must be submitted in a 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend ProRes files in the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz sound for the best cinema presentation quality.
13. Submissions are exclusively through FilmFreeway.
14. You can enter as many films as you like. The same film may be entered into different categories. Category awards are given to films submitted to that category.
15. If anyone is found to have broken any of the rules, you may be disqualified from the festival at the discretion of the panel.
16. By entering the Inspired Dance Film Festival, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected, as well as any subsequent tours of our program.
17. By entering, you agree to allow Inspired Dance Film Festival to distribute your film to a third party. Your film’s producer will be consulted on any deals and we will never distribute your film without complete permission and agreeance to do so. If no suitable agreement can be found, then we will not include your film in the distribution. This in no way impacts your entry into Inspired Dance Film Festival itself.