Inspired Dance Film Festival is an international dance on film festival held in Australia, providing platforms & pathways that educate, celebrate & showcase dance filmmakers globally. Our inaugural festival gala screening at Hoyts Entertainment Quarter Sydney presented an impressive display of finalists from 90 films submitted across 16 countries. We look forward to building on that success in 2021 with an expansion of the festival to a 3-day event that includes multiple curated screenings, in-person workshops, masterclasses with industry professionals, and a dance photography exhibition.
Best Student Dance Film Award (18 yrs +)
Best Avant-garde Dance Film Award
Best Australian Dance Film Award
Best International Dance Film Award
Best Mobile Device Film Award
Best Live Capture Dance Film Award
Best Documentary or Feature Dance Film Award
Best of the Fest Dance Film Award
BWP Studios Best Film Production Award
Peoples Choice Award
*You may enter your film into more than one category.
**All award winners receive a trophy and award laurel.
1. Films for Inspired Dance Film Festival Official Selection must be no longer than 20 minutes for shorts and 50 minutes for documentaries and features, including titles and credits.
2. Inspired Dance Film Festival accepts any and all dance and film genres.
3. You can use any software to edit video and audio.
4. You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
5. You cannot use copyright material unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorization from the musician, artist, writer, or record label. We may ask for this documentation at any time.
6. You may also be required to provide Dancer Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in your film.
7. The festival is open to filmmakers of 18 years and above.
8. The extended submission deadline is 11:59 pm (AEST), September 18th, 2021.
9. Entrants must agree to their film being uploaded to the Inspired Dance website and shown online and on the Inspired Dance YouTube/Vimeo channel at the festival organiser’s discretion unless stated otherwise and/or discussed with Inspired Dance. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about this.
10. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
11. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. If your film is selected as a finalist for our Inspired Dance Film Festival Gala it must be submitted in a 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or .mov, files in the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz sound so it will look good on the big cinema screen.
13. Your film can have screened in other film festivals, just as long as you have never entered it into Inspired Dance Film Festival (unless approved by festival directors at their discretion).
14. Submissions are exclusively through FilmFreeway.
15. You can enter as many films as you like. The same film may be entered into different categories. Category awards are given to films submitted to that category.
16. If anyone is found to have broken any of the rules then you may be disqualified from the festival at the discretion of the panel.
17. By entering the Inspired Dance Film Festival, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of our festival if selected, as well as any subsequent tours of our program.
18. By entering, you agree to allow Inspired Dance Film Festival to distribute your film to a third party. Your film’s producer will be consulted on any deals and we will never distribute your film without complete permission and agreeance to do so. If no suitable agreement can be found, then we will not include your film in the distribution. This in no way impacts your entry into Inspired Dance Film Festival itself.