The mission of the non-profit, Idaho Horror Film Festival is to shine a spotlight on Idaho’s burgeoning film making community while showcasing the very latest in horror films from around the globe.
The Idaho Horror Film Festival is the premiere genre film event in the State. The 6th annual IHFF was a smash success and we can't wait for you to scare us in 2020! As organizers, we couldn't have been more impressed with the submissions we received. The Idaho Horror Film Festival garnered excellent press and community support/attendance for this event. Boise offers a unique experience for attending filmmakers. It is a walkable, and welcoming city that is excited to play host to our Festival. IHFF screens at the 750 person, historic (and haunted) Egyptian Theater in the heart of downtown Boise. From private parties to public bashes IHFF treats filmmakers and festival goers to the film/ filmmaker connection that is so important.
IHFF will be accepting submissions in five categories; feature length, shorts, animated, foreign and "Spud and Guts", a category for locals only.
Any award-winning filmmakers will receive 2 tickets to theAwards Bash and screenings at The Egyptian Theatre.
We excitedly await your film!
Awards will be given for Best of the Fest, Audience Choice, and 1st place awards in each categories.
Idaho Horror Film Festival is proud to be partnering with InkTip. Through InkTip qualified producers, directors, agents, managers, and actors are able to more easily find good scripts and screenwriters gain more exposure for their work. More than 200 feature films have been made from scripts and writers found through InkTip.
InkTip will provide a prize package of one (1) InkTip Script Listings for the winners of Best Feature Film, Best Short Film, and the Best "Spud and Guts" Film to assist in providing them exposure. InkTip Script Listings provide writers/filmmakers with the opportunity to get their scripts read by InkTip’s extensive network of producers, reps, manager, agents, and other qualified industry professionals.
• All submissions to the Idaho Horror Film Festival (the "Festival") must include,
in one delivery: (a) a completed and signed copy of the Festival Submission Form located at www.idahohorrorfilmfestival.org (b) the applicable entry fee; and (c) the submission. Multiple entries require multiple submission packages. All submissions are subject to these guidelines and rules (the "Festival Rules").
Submission deadlines for this festival are posted at FilmFreeway and on the IHFF web site.
• Film submissions must be provided on DVD NTSC, Blu-ray, or on a digital file (please test before sending) and be available for screening on Blu-Ray,
• Digital HD, or .mov file
• Submissions must be English language or English subtitled.
• Include title and name of contact on all media, materials and containers.
• Do not use fiber-padded envelopes to send videotapes - the residue ruins tapes and equipment.
• Do not send originals. The Festival is not responsible for materials lost or damaged in transit.
• Submissions must be available for screening during the Idaho Horror Film Festival, October 2020
• Idaho Horror Film Festival reserves the right to change submission categories.
Eligibility and category determinations, along with prize awards, are the sole discretion of the Festival.
• Submissions may be screened more than once during the Festival and at events post festival.
• We ONLY accept films from a horror, suspense, thriller, schlock or science fiction genre. Films will be accepted in the following categories: feature length, shorts, animated foreign or the “locals only” category of Spud and Guts.