The 7th edition of International Folklore Film Festival (IFFF) is being organized by the International Film Festival of Thrissur (IFFT), Centre for Media Studies, St. Thomas College, Thrissur and International Folk Films India is on the anvil.
IFFF 7th edition will be held during 05-09 January 2024.
IFFF will be held in hybrid mode in which both online and physical screening of the films are envisaged. and the online screening will be done on an exclusive digital platform.
Entries on folklore-based short and documentary films are invited for the 7th edition of the International Folklore Film Festival.
Folklore films and documentaries know no bounds. As we all know, everything linked to human life also comes under the purview of folklore. Folklore encompasses everything originating in the rural, the roots, aesthetics, mythology, arts, handicrafts, natural lifestyles and so on. A strong and extensive oral tradition, handicrafts tradition and artistic tradition are the tributaries of folklore. All traditional knowledge and art have origin in nature and its diverse resources. Of course, for folklore film makers, visualising tradition, natural heritage and culture is a challenge. Films in these categories are invited to the IFFF.
Topics : Art, Heritage, Culture, Oral Tradition, Biodiversity.
INTERNATIONAL FOLKLORE FILMS
BEST DOCUMENTARIES & SHORT FILMS
INDIAN FOLKLORE FILMS
BEST DOCUMENTARIES & SHORT FILMS
2nd BEST Documentary & SHORT FILMS
BEST FEATURE FILM
•Terms & Conditions:
1. Maximum duration of Folklore Documentaries & Short Films should be 60 minutes.
2. Minimum duration of Feature Films should be 70 minutes.
3. Running time includes end credits.
4. The last date for submission of the entries: 15th September 2023.
5. The entries should comply with the folklore themes specified.
6. Only the films made between 1st JANUARY 2022 and 30th AUGUST 2023 can be submitted as entries.
7. Entries can be submitted online via Google Drive Link or
FilmFreeway or Vimeo or any other platform with correct Password.
8. Films in any language with English subtitles are acceptable as entries.
9. Films are acceptable even if they are already in online.
10. Films, once selected, cannot be withdrawn from the festival programme.
11. From the selected films, the IFFF has authority to use stills, posters, titles or
any information from the submission materials for promotional purpose.
12. The Film and Folklore Festival is held harmless/not responsible and will be free from any claims, losses, damages,liabilities and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark or screening of any film.
13. Showtime and venue scheduling are at the discretion of the Film and Folklore Festival (IFFF) and are subjected to change without notice.
INDIAN FILM ENTRIES: Rs. 500 only.
FOREIGN FILM ENTRIES: No ENTRY FEE.
Completed Submissions should include the following:
(i) Information about Submitter viz. Name, Email, City, Contact No. (Optional) etc.
(ii) Film submission with Film Poster, Info about the project, Duration.
Payment through Bank TRANSFER details:
INTERNATIONAL FOLK FILM FESTIVAL.
Bank : CANARA BANK.
Branch : Thrissur West, Palace Road.
Account No.: 0721101068026.
IFSC code: CNRB0000721.
MICR code: 680015003.
For further queries, contact via mail:
IFFF - Festival Director: Seethal Rajagopal
IFFF - Festival Joint Director : Manoj Varma
IFFF President: Cherian Joseph - (+91 9496168654). (+91 7907196843)
Deputy Director : Anuranj K. B. - (+91 9526466094)
ADDRESS : 7th IFFF@INDIA , Festival Director ,KALLIATH ROYAL SQUARE 2nd FLOOR ,Room 32 , THRISSUR - 680020,KERALA, INDIA .