Huhtamo International Film Festival
Slow living – Film loving
Imagine a field, bathing in the gentle caress of the morning mist. You spy a deer prancing at the edge of the forest, while the birds are tuning up to greet the brand new day at Huhtamo, the pearl of Satakunta, Finland.
A unique festival of moving images, food and celebration of life is gearing up, and the first spectators are already on their way to the Church Cinema. The festival, which is bound to last throughout the whole week, expands cinemas to the old Village Schools, Church, Barn and outside screenings in the Finnish countryside.
The guests of honor to the festival all have a vast experience in the field of film, and join the people to share their thoughts and stories, while the locals offer delicacies to ensure a full festival experience. Huhtamo International Film Festival encourages us to stop and experience the life around you for a moment - to have a few laughs and enjoy a good movie in a great company.
We are set to bring Huhtamo on the map, through the magic of movies.
▪ All genres welcome
▪ All lengths acceptable
▪ Premiere not required
▪ Work in progress is accepted, but final cut is appreciated
▪ Accepted screening formats: DCP or Digital File (H.264)
▪ Screening copy must be in English or subtitled in English
▪ Submitter is responsible for the copyrights
▪ No screening fee for selected films
▪ You cannot withdraw your film from Huhtamo if the film is selected
DEADLINES & FEES
▪ Early Bird deadline September 30, submission fee 10 €/film
▪ Regular deadline December 24, submission fee 15 €/film
▪ Final deadline February 28, submission fee 25 €/film
▪ Submissions must be uploaded via FilmFreeway only
▪ Fill in the submission form carefully
▪ Upload at least one high quality still photo of the film
▪ Make sure the preview file is working correctly
▪ Preview file must be in English or subtitled in English
▪ Submit to Huhtamo International Film Festival
▪ Make the payment
▪ Final selections are announced between May and June 2023 at huhtamo.fi
▪ The submitters of the films will be notified before the public announcement
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
▪ Congratulations! Huhtamo will treat you well
▪ All information given in the entry form can be used in marketing and publicity
▪ Screening copy must be delivered at least four (4) weeks before the festival
▪ You will receive an email instructions about festival screening
▪ Screening copy must be identical to the preview copy.
▪ Screening copy must have English subtitles
▪ Festival will cover the return expenses of the screening copy if needed
▪ Festival will not pay screening fees for films selected into the competition
REGULATIONS – SHORT FILM COMPETITION 2023
REGULATIONS – FEATURE FILM COMPETITION 2023
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org