The Houston Latino Film Festival is an organization dedicated to developing, promoting and increasing awareness of Latino culture among Latinos and other communities by presenting a variety of art and films to the Houston area.
During the festival, films from all over Latin America, Spain, Portugal and the United States will screen. The programming represents the great diversity of themes and genres of the Latino and Hispanic filmmaking. The five-day festival also features opportunities for the audiences to participate in discussions with the directors at the screenings as well as a series of special events highlighting the diversity of the Latino culture. 2023 will mark the seventh edition of the Houston Latino Film Festival.
Our Mission: The Houston Latino Film Festival is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and enlightening the communities of the South Texas region about other cultures and issues through film and video while also recognizing the contributions of the artists who are dedicated to the craft of independent filmmaking.
The Houston Latino Film Festival will recognize and honor cinematic achievements in filmmaking that brings together all of the elements that make for a great film, including direction, acting, cinematography, screenplay and great storytelling for the following categories:
• Best Feature Film
• Best Narrative Feature Film
• Best Documentary Feature Film
• Best Short Narrative Film
• Best Short Documentary Film
• Best Student Film (short film or feature film)
• Best Texas Film (short film or feature film)
• Audience Award for Feature Film (Competition or Non-Competition)
• Audience Award for Short Film (Competition or Non-Competition)
A cash prize of $2000 will be awarded to the Best Student Film. Winners will be announced on Sunday, April 2nd, 2023.
The Houston Latino Film Festival is open to professional and non-professional filmmakers working in the United States or abroad. Eligible entries must have been produced between 2020 to the present, have a Latino(a) in an "above the line" position (Producer, Director or Writer) and/or subject matter must have a relevant theme to the Latino/Hispanic community. All film genres are eligible: documentary, narrative, animation and experimental.
Submission requirements (Please read carefully):
• All films submitted must be in final cut form.
• All films must have English subtitles for all non-English language entries.
• All submission requirements must be received by the deadline, November 30th, 2022. No late submissions past the Late Deadline will be accepted.
• Films that are publicly available online prior to the Festival may be considered for exhibition during the Festival, but we prefer that films not be publicly available online or for sale.
• A secure online screener link must be provided for press requests and internal festival use.
• Exhibition materials must be delivered to the Festival office by February 13, 2023.
• Fee Waivers and Discounts for residents from Houston, TX. Request at email@example.com.
• Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. The Houston Latino Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
• If your film is accepted to the festival, we will notify you via email with instructions for press materials.
Entry fees are per each film and are non-refundable. The Houston Latino Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission. Short Films are films 30 minutes or less.