-- 20% DISCOUNT HAS BEEN APPLIED TO KICK OFF OUR EARLY BIRD DEADLINE --
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Hommage?
Hommage is a streaming platform that promotes & screens low-budget movies.
Can I submit my film if it's already played in film festivals and/or available online?
Yes! We don’t require premiere status. However, if we will be the first to screen your film, please let us know so we can give it special attention on our socials.
What type of films do you select & screen?
- Many types - animations, documentaries, experimental & narrative films. The best way to get a sense of our taste is to look at our film catalogue.
- We prefer films that are character-driven & very heavy in atmosphere & mood. Plot-driven or typical genre films that don’t subvert tropes in interesting ways have a less chance of being selected.
- We expect high-quality sound recording & mixing.
How does Hommage publicize its films & filmmakers?
- We post about every film on Instagram. Selected films that aren’t available online will be uploaded on our Vimeo channel.
- All selected filmmakers are interviewed about their work.
- At no extra cost, we will organise digital magazines to promote our streaming platform & films. This allows certain selected filmmakers to discuss their movies in more depth.
- Again at no extra cost, we prepare annual or biennial follow-up interviews with certain selected filmmakers to promote their upcoming projects.
Rather than just having a one-off interaction, we aspire to develop lasting relationships with our selected filmmakers through offering multiple promotions over a long period of time.
Is my film guaranteed to be selected when I pay the fee?
No - we are a curated platform that values selection integrity. We don’t want to be like a lot of fraudulent festivals that accept a very high number of movies to please filmmakers in a disingenuous way.
Please note that we only promote & screen ‘Official Selections’ on our platform. Our ‘Honorable Mentions’ are promoted on our socials & will be listed within our digital magazines.
Do you accept films from all over the world?
Yes! If your film is not in English, it must have English subtitles.
Can I submit my film if it had a budget?
We focus on films made below $80,000 AUD. We will consider a bigger budget film if it didn’t receive a large amount of industry funding. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
When do films screen on your platform?
We prefer to screen your film shortly after it has been selected.
When do I find out?
Within 1 month of your film submission date.
I received an invitation to submit my film, how did you hear about it?
Through searching local & international film festivals, listening to recommendations from respected artists, & generally scouring the internet for interesting trailers!
We award certain high-quality films with 3-month MUBI subscriptions. The decision to award films is completely at our discretion & will vary in number from month-to-month.
The management of Hommage reserves the right to answer all queries regarding the rules and regulations of its platform. Submissions to Hommage, hereafter referred to as ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’, fully constitutes an agreement with all of our terms and conditions.
The person and/or organisation submitting the film to Hommage is referred to as ‘You’, ‘Your’ and ‘Submitter’.
GENERAL RULES - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Short Films: Animation, Comedy, Drama, Documentary & Experimental Films Under 40 minutes.
- Feature Films: Animation, Comedy, Drama, Documentary & Experimental Films Over 40 minutes. Maximum runtime is 120 minutes including opening & closing credits.
- Films must have been completed during the period 2010-2022.
- We do not require premiere status.
- We do not provide refunds.
- We do not accept rough cuts or work-in-progress films, television commercials, advertising, corporate or training videos, erotic or pornographic videos and home videos.
- We will invite successful films into Official Selection via email and FilmFreeway's selection status. Unsuccessful submissions will only be notified by FilmFreeway's selection status.
- We accept multiple entries from the same Submitter. A separate submission and entry fee must however accompany each entry.
- We allow films in every language. If the original language is not English, You must provide English subtitles.
- We will promote selected films in English on our website and social media channels.
- We will use your film frames, trailer and press pack material for promotional purposes on our website and social media.
- Our film selection decisions are final with no exceptions.
- You must lawfully obtain releases for all content including, but not limited to, music and talent.
- We are not liable for any copyright infringement or unauthorised usage. By submitting a film, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Hommage from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
-We reserve the right to make any changes without prior notice if appropriate and necessary.
- Projects produced and/or directed by Hommage organizers, sponsors and members are ineligible for screening as Official Selections and special events. Films that include Hommage organizers, sponsors and members as hired actors are subject to the same restrictive policy.