The Inaugural Hollywood in Italia International Film Festival (HIIFF) will take place July 2022 in Florence (Firenze), Italy. The festival will include both in person screening and virtural streaming as we celebrate the best in independent film around the globe while also paying special homage to the American & Italian Connection that has contributed so much to Hollywood Cinema (greats like Scorsese, Tarantino & De Niro to name a few)!
HIIFF seeks to showcase, promote and empower the best and brightest independent filmmakers & creators from Hollywood to Italy and everywhere in between. From the established Veteran, to the scrappy Newcomer to the New Media Visionary our festival has a place for YOU!
We are fiercely dedicated to inclusion and promoting diverse voices, thought provoking stories & innovative content. As such we encourage multi-ethnic, multi-lingual & multi-cultural, socially conscious projects & female directed/written projects!
To support these goals we have created several awards categories including Best Film & Short, Best Italian Film, Best Guerilla Film/Short (films made with a budget less than 30k for feature /15k for shorts), Best Female Director, Best in Diversity and more! In a special hommage to Hollywood we will also be awarding Best Action-Adventure Film ... afterall what's Hollywood without Action! See the Awards section for a complete list of Categories!
We are literally rolling out the red carpet to support our filmmakers careers! From our red carpet interviews & photo exhibitions, to our informative & empowering workshops with top industry professionals in areas such as Distribution/Streaming/Producing/Marketing/Casting/Screenwriting/Acting/Social Media, numerous networking events, parties opening night gala and closing night awards show with CASH prizes and showcasing your film in a historic 463 seat theater with Q&A sessions after EVERY screening.
Join us as we unite Hollywood’s energy & glamour with old world beauty of Firenze (Florence) home of the Renaissance - a city that has inspired artists for centuries. Deepen you cultural experience by joining one of our Free Italian of English language workshops or simply have a spritz as you network with some of the brightest starts in the filmmaking world.
Awards Categories and Prizes are as follows:
Trophy & Cash Prize:
- BEST FILM (Feature & Short)
- BEST ITALIAN FILM
- AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD
- BEST DOCUMENTARY
- BEST ANIMATED FILM
- BEST IN DIVERSITY (multi-cultural/ lingual etc)
- BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE
- BEST SCREENPLAY
- BEST GUERILLA FEATURE (budget < $30k)
- BUEST GUERILLA SHORT (budget<15k)
(following categories avail to opt in & will receive a TROPHY):
- BEST DIRECTOR - MALE & FEMALE
- BEST ACTOR & ACTRESS
- BEST ENSEMBLE*
OFFICIAL NFT CERTIFICATE & PLAQUE:
- BEST WEBISODE/WEBSERIES
- BEST NEW MEDIA PROJECT
- BEST VIDEO (MUSIC) PROJECT
ALL Filmmakers and Screenwriters recieve our Official 2022 Laurel, All Access Passes to the festival, opening night Gala, networking events, workshops & parties.
The winning SCREENPLAY will recieve coverage by a Hollywood Agent/Manager or Producer or Entertainment Professional (if winning screenplay is not in English).
· All entries received during the open call for entries will be reviewed by festival administrators for eligibility and compliance with the entry requirements.
· The Official Jury will be announced on the website & via social media.
· HIFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
· HIFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by HIIFF or by its volunteers.
· Winners receiving cash prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
· The selection committees' and juries' decisions are final. Judges reserve the right not to grant an award.
RULES & TERMS
Please read the following information fully and complete the online submission form found on FilmFreeway. FEE WAIVERS NOT AVAILABLE.
· Submission fee is non-refundable.
· Films completed on or after Jan 1, 2018 are eligible for consideration.
· The films that the Selection Committee deems of extreme value and importance will be included in the Festival program out of competition, even if they do not meet the duration or release date requirements.
· All films in International languages or the Italian language must include English subtitles. In addition, films that are in languages other than Italian are encouraged to include Italian subtitles as well.
· All exhibition copies must be delivered in DCP or Blu-Ray format.
· More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by its own online entry and entry fee.
· HIFF accepts work-in-progress cuts that are picture locked and include an opening slate listing what still needs to be completed (color-correction, sound mix, special effects, etc.). Please note that we will only review one cut.
·Entrant(s) confirms, and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
· All projects in competition must not be available to watch on Youtube.com, Vimeo, or any other such website during the run of the HIIFF.
· Films produced or financed by a major motion picture studio may be considered for a special screening but are not eligible for competitive awards.
· Films that have acquired distribution ARE eligible for festival screenings but not eligible for competitive awards.
· Upon submission, the filmmaker consents to their screener material to being shared in its entirety with appropriate HIIFF staff; press outlets in efforts to secure press for the film; with final jury members; and with select individuals representing community partners who may be interested in supporting the film’s screening or taking part in a panel or q&a associated with the film.
· The festival is hereby also granted the right to utilize image(s) and/or biographical information of the filmmakers for promotional purposes.
· Submissions must be the original work of the applicants. If a film or series is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
· It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. The filmmaker shall indemnify and hold harmless Hollywood In Italia International Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
· Entrant warrants that there are NO DISPUTES regarding the ownership of their film/project/screenplay. If there is any dispute whatsoever, said film/project/screenplay will be disqualified.
· No project is definitively and officially accepted until our hard-copy contract is signed by the project's producer(s).
· Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
· All movies selected will be authorized to use, for promotional purposes, with the official "HIFF Laurel".
· The Hollywood in Italia International Film Festival reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project or screenplay in question is disqualified, or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
· All decisions made by judges, programmers and organizers will be final, and NO REFUND of entry fee will be permitted. No refunds will be given for any submission that asks to withdraw, regardless of reason.
· Not all invited films officially selected will be eligible for competition & in person screening.
· HIIFF reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or Festival scheduling.
· Entrants must assume all responsibility for clearing films through U.S. and/or Italian customs officials.
· By submitting your film for consideration for the HIIFF you agree for HIIFF to screen your film if it is an official selection for this year's festival and are obligated to your commitment.
· By submitting, the filmmaker expressly acknowledges and agrees that they shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.