HIVE is an international short film festival based in Berlin.
We are happy to announce the dates for our 3rd year after another amazing journey we had this year!
HIVE empowers diversity in a world of discriminative “-isms”!
HIVE invites filmmakers to celebrate their identities!
We are happy to provide a ground for those who choose to express this attitude with cinematic mediums.
With carefully curated selections, we create a space for different perspectives.
Ultimately, HIVE aims to create a fusion between cultural producers and the audience to bring different communities and ideas together.
Selected films will be screened in at our partner venue. We will have Q&A sessions with directors and the audience in between the screenings.
Each director will receive the special HIVE certificate of participation.
HIVE presents a vivid experience for those cinephiles who share our passion for cinema.
1. Submitted movies must be under 30 minutes.
2. Submitted movies must be completed after 2020.
3. All films that are not in English, must have English subtitles.
4. Submission fees are non-refundable and non-reimbursable under any circumstances; HIVE International Short Film Days, Berlin does not reimburse any submission fees for films who are not selected for the festival program, or who withdrew their submissions at any time.
5. The applicant must send the movie via a link to a video streaming platform.
6. Only one person from the filmmaking team needs to register.
7. Non-exclusive: the film may have been screened or entered into festivals prior to or after application. There are no restrictions if there was a prior screening.
8. Films that are submitted must be the applicant's original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Applicants agree that they have obtained all the required copyright permissions for their movies.
9. Only the selected films will be screened at HIVE International Short Film Days, Berlin.
10. HIVE International Short Film Days, Berlin organisers reserve the right to re-schedule the dates and categories and notify these changes to the applicants.
11. HIVE International Short Film Days, Berlin organisers do not take any responsibility for postponing the event because of a possible new Covid-19 counter-measures of the city.
12. HIVE International Short Film Days, Berlin holds the right to:
• Use the selected films for trailers and publicity usage
• Screen the winning films in other related events inside Germany, and recommend the winning films to other international film festivals that collaborate with HIVE International Short Film Days, Berlin after the approval of the filmmakers.
Please make sure to include the following in your submission:
- Film file / Link with English subtitles (unless the film is in English)
- Trailer (if available)
- Poster (if available)
- One photo of the filmmaker and a short biography
- Short description of the film