Huading Awards USA
The Huading Awards are established Chinese people’s choice awards that honor Chinese and international tv shows, films, music, and celebrities
The Huading Awards were founded in 2007 by the Huading Awards Group. The awards aim to promote China's thriving arts and cultural scene, spread Chinese culture, and help bridge the gap between the Chinese and global entertainment industries. The Huading Awards, created by sociocultural activist Wang, are one of the most significant cultural events in China.
The Huading Awards encourage the independent and creative spirit of the famous entertainers around the world and promote cultural exchanges between China and the world's five continents. Award recipients are selected on the basis of public opinion surveys, with up to 80 million people in China participating in the voting process.
On January 1, 2023, Huading Award Group announced the official launch of the "World Youth Short Film Competition" in Hollywood. This is an important competition unit newly established by the Huading Award Group to adapt to the new trend of global film development. It aims to form a broad influence among young people and college students, promote the industrialization of short films, and become a sustainable youth film creative competition. This means that after years of preparation, the Huading Award Group has begun to fully develop the global short film industry.
Official Selection Certificate with $1000 Cash Reward:
• Best Short
• Best Micro Short
• Best Documentary Short
• Best Dramatic Short
• Best Comedy Short
• Best Family/Children Short
• Best Horror/Thriller Short
• Best Student Short
• Best Animation Short
• Best First Time Filmmaker Short
• Best Sci-Fi Short
• Best Historical Short
• Best Music Video
Official Selection Certificate:
• Best Script
• Best Short Directing
• Best Short Editing
• Best Short Music
• Best Short Make up
• Best Short Wardrobe
• Best Short Screenplay/Script
• Best Short Visual Effect
• Best Short Actor
• Best Short Actress
• Best Short Director of Photographer
• The entry fee is non-refundable.
• All films must have been made in or after 2019.
• Participate age must be within 15-40.
• All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles (if in a non- English language).
• Short films must not exceed 25 minutes. Super short films not exceed 5 mins.
• By submitting to us, you give us consent and right to screen your film in front of a live audience, and, under special circumstances, online screening.
• We may promote clips from your film on social media, based on the press kits you provide us with.
• The application and submission process is managed entirely online through FilmFreeway or official website. The registration is completed when the entry fee is paid.
• The festival will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
• Once a film is submitted for entry, it may not be withdrawn.
• Films must have licensed clearances on all graphics, locations, logos, materials, music and personal appearances before submitting.
• Student catalog: Director, Producer, Cinematographer MUST be Student. Student Filmmakers must include a photocopy of a current, valid student ID or proof of enrollment with the preview copy of their submitted work.
• We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
• By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
• You can get in touch with us through emails, but please give us five business days before hearing back.
• We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
• Huading Awards have right to change date and place of the event.
• Films must be submitted via online screener ONLY. We do not accept films sent over by DVD. We do not accept subsequent cuts or more complete versions of submitted films, therefore changing or updating the originally submitted link is not accepted. Only one version of the film will be reviewed by programmers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By entering your film for 2023 Huading Awards-World Youth Short Film Competition (WYSFC), you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2023 Huading Awards WYSFC venue. Huading Awards is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the competition for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the Huading Awards from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the Huading Awards will not pay to present your work.
Submission of films and participation in the Huading Awards-World Youth Short Film Competition, you grant Huading Awards-WYSFC, its director and sponsors the right to show for promotional purposes on the website (www.lightupshortfilms.com), on sponsors websites, flyers, posters, press releases, etc. any material including the ENTRY and/or stills submitted with this application. And no materials included with this application will be returned.