THIS IS THE CONTEST DESCRIPTION
*** NOTE: IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO SUBMIT A FESTIVAL MOVIE (NON-COMPETITION) PLEASE EMAIL US AT GUIGNOLFEST@GMAIL.COM FOR INSTRUCTIONS AND ENTRY PAYMENT ***
Rising like The Great Pumpkin each year around the Halloween season, it's the 13th annual GuignolFest (pronounced “Geen-YOL”-fest), Portland's original horror movie contest, with deranged, bloody designs on burning indelible fear onto our city’s vulnerable retinas with numerous sub-genres of shocking short horror subjects, all made in just three chilling days!
The GuignolFest 72-Hour Movie Contest is open to all frightening, forward-looking, and innovative horror-film freaks creeping around. Teams have 72 hours to write, act, produce, and edit a horror movie based on their randomly selected sub-genre and include required elements to appear in their movie.
Teams that are new or have competed for 2 years or less will automatically be competing in the GHOULIE CATEGORY.
There will be cash and gift awards for those placing in the BEST PICTURE category.
NEW TEAMS MUST EMAIL GUIGNOLFEST@GMAIL.COM BY OCTOBER 10 TO EXPRESS INTENT TO COMPETE & THEN FILL OUT THIS APPLICATION WHEN INSTRUCTED BY US.
1. This contest is for original productions. Therefore, all MUSIC, GRAPHICS, FOOTAGE must be created and recorded DURING THE FILMING WEEKEND OCT. 15-17. Copyright infringements will be grounds for disqualification from the contest. No exceptions.
2. SAG actors CAN NOT work on your movie without permission from that actor’s agency or local SAG OFFICE. It is your responsibility to arrange this and submit proof before the filming weekend. During this time, you may have to contact SAG a couple of months before the contest to secure permission. Movies can be disqualified if permissions are not granted.
1. Movies must be 6:66 minutes long, not including credits. Anything shown/heard in credits WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED part of the movie narrative. Movie submission formats given at kickoff night.
2. Movies must contain all three (3) elements given at kickoff night.
3. Movies should strive to stay true to the chosen genre.
4. Movies must be completed and submitted/uploaded by Monday, October 18, 2021, by 11:59 PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME