Presented by Guerilla Opera, the Guerilla Underground is a virtual performance series that features new music and opera theater that explores what is “operatic” and can include of encore broadcasts from live performances, new works interpreted through the mediums of film, video and animation, invigorating musical concerts from the Guerilla All-Stars, previews of works in development for both stage and screen, and guest artists selected from an online competition.
The individuals, ensembles or organizations chosen from the submitted videos will receive $500.00 plus a percentage of net virtual ticket sales (rate varies by video duration), one (1) livestream group viewing, admission for one (1) at the VIP Package level to The Guerilla Underground, and your virtual performance will be available on demand from the livestream date through May 31, 2022.
Guerilla Opera champions cutting-edge work and wants to feature and uplift other members of our community who investigate new music and opera theater and explore themes that are “operatic”. This very broad definition allows you to be creative with your submissions, so please surprise us!
We are looking for submissions featuring and uplifting:
- Musical compositions from 1975 or later; and
- Artists and creators (performing artists, composers, librettists/writers, filmmakers, etc.) that identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA, women, disabled, or other underrepresented groups
Acceptable videos include:
- HD Multi-Camera Recordings of live performances
- Works interpreted through the cinematic mediums of film, video, animation or any combination thereof
- Visual albums (songs on an album accompanied by a series of videos or a single film serving as a visual vehicle for the music)
- Genre-bending work that can contain any or all of the above.
Artists featured in the selected video submissions must participate in the Zoom VIP After Party happening directly after the group live viewing.
Selected video submissions must not be available to watch online, in-person or any other method of viewing from the date of the livestream viewing through May 31, 2022.
Artists submitting videos must have the consent of all the musical, theatrical, technical and design artists whose work is represented in the video submission.
Artists submitting videos must obtain the appropriate rights to the materials incorporated in the video submission, including, but not limited to, music, quotes of individuals, poetry, text, speeches, transcripts, periodicals, newscasts, or other written or recorded material not in the public domain.