The V edition of the Guayaquil International Film Festival will be celebrated from september 14th – 21st, 2019 in the city of Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador. Venues all over the country and the city, workshops, forums, master classes and special galas. The biggest filmmaking experience in town.
The Golden Iguana award in almost 25 categories.
- Films from anywhere in the world, all genres, niches and types in all formats. Independent cinema, low or high budget, author's cinema and all the themes, whether short or feature films; fiction, documentary or animation. Foreign language films must be subtitled in Spanish, otherwise they will be disqualified.
- To the official competition, we are accepting films whose completion has been made since January 2018.
- The festival accepts short films of 1 minute up to a maximum of 15 minutes in length and feature films, starting at 50 minutes without a maximum duration limit. There is no exception for any category or gender. Unfinished jobs will not be accepted.
- Each filmmaker, production or distribution company, must register it work in the corresponding category. There are no registration limits.
Specific details about each categories, on its own section.
• International feature film competition: fiction.
• International feature film competition: documentaries.
• International short film competition: fiction.
• International short film competition: documentaries.
• Feature films and international animated short films.
• International university short films.
• Ecuadorian university short films.
• high school short films.
• Music videos
• Opera Prima: Category for debuting filmmakers (fiction or documentary feature films).
• Cineminute: This competition will be by internet. The films that become part of the official selection, will be exposed in the YouTube channel of the festival and the projects that have the highest visualizations, in each section, will have the awards.
• Guayaquil Lab: The exclusive parameters of this category can be found in our web site, check out there to see details.
• In Progress: The exclusive parameters of this category can be found in our web site,
check out there to see details.
• Cinema 72: The exclusive parameters of this category can be found in our web site,
check out there to see details.
• Focus on Ecuador: Exclusive category for professional, (non-university), short or long-term Ecuadorian jobs; fiction, documentary and / or animated. Films shot only in the Republic of Ecuador, by local or foreign filmmakers or companies with management in the country, contributing to the activity of the industry or that in 80% have locations in Ecuador. The province of Guayas is excluded since it has a specific category. Lastly, films whose directors, producers or screenwriters were born in Ecuador will be considered in this category.
• Focus on Guayas: Exclusive category for professional (non-university) jobs from the province of Guayas, short or long; fiction, documentary and / or animated. Films shot only in the province of Guayas by local or foreign filmmakers or companies with management in the province of Guayas that contribute to the activity of the industry or that in 80% have locations in Guayas. Finally, the works whose directors, producers or screenwriters were born in Guayas will be considered in this category.
- For the official competition, participating films can not have any type of exhibition open online during the selection process. Films that are available and publicly by any online channel, will be automatically disqualified.
- The official selection and awards has no appeal.
- University short films must have the following information at the end of the corresponding credits: University, faculty, semester, parallel, subject for which the project was carried out, year of production and facilitator.
- The projects that are selected by the festival: the signatory is responsible for sending the film to be projected via internet in the highest quality, to the official email of the festival. This version, if it is different from the one sent for the official selection, must reach our email, maximum on August 15, 2018. The registration to the festival is voluntary, therefore the producers and distributors who make the same, commit themselves to send us the film and not to remove it from the festival if selected.
- All participating films become part of the festival's film library, located in the city of Guayaquil in Ecuador.
- The person signing at the time of registration, confirms that they have all rights to the exhibition of the work, including script, music, audio, photography, video and graphics.
- Registration values:
Except for Focus in Ecuador and Guayas and High School Short Films.
Fiction, documentary and animated feature films: $10
Fiction, documentary and animated short films: $5
Guayaquil Lab $10
Music Video $2
In Progress $5
University Shorts $3
Cinema 72 $10
Opera Prima (feature films) $5
- The values are not reimbursable or ensure entry to the official selection, in competition or outside it.
For more information, email us to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the following numbers +593 979030112 (Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) Ecuadorian time or visit us in our social networks @festicineguayaquil.