At Greenwood Film Festival, the mission is to use film to tell the truth. It's black people in a new light or exposing the ills of our community for growth. Films that explore the depths of our experience, speak truth to power, make us laugh and empower. GFF is a premiere black film festival where pioneers are showcased.
Please submit a film that does just this. Whether it's an obscure topic or a fresh way to film, we would love to view and potentially screen your film!
Our festival desires encourage collaboration amongst creatives & visionaries towards ownership, building up the black presence in the Tulsa film community. Built on 𐤉𐤄𐤅𐤔𐤏 (Yahusha), the Living Word, GFF screens films & leads discussions that tackle issues within the black community in a relatable manner that inspires people to search for the Truth.
The festival invites audiences to experience a shared space of ideas, giving way for creative minds to flow freely. By sharing black stories with each other and with the world, GFF encourages everyone to learn continually, to live boldly, and to love generously.
GFF is committed to equipping you with industry standard tools that help you excel on your journey. Prizes range from professional yearly, and lifetime software licenses with more prizes coming soon!
• Pioneer of the Year Award (Grand Prize | Over $1300 In Value)
• Outstanding Performance Award
• Outstanding Score Award
• Outstanding Cinematography Award
• Outstanding Director Award
• Outstanding Screenplay Award
• Outstanding Editing Award
ELIGIBILITY, RULES & REQUIREMENTS
• GFF accepts films and videos made by directors of Black/African descent from any country. If the film is not directed by a person of Black/African descent it must have a black lead and/or black ensemble.
• Films can be of any genre and must have a black lead and/or black ensemble.
• GFF accepts features, shorts, animations, web series, narratives and documentaries.
• All submissions must be in English or have English subtitles.
• The final screening format will be requested upon film selection.
• We do not accept DVDs.
• Feature Films should be 60 minutes in length or more.
• Short Films should be 40 minutes or less.
• On your Filmfreeway page please have trailers in MP4 format, production stills (300dpi), short synopsis, cast & crew credits and a press release.
Upon selection, the film's trailer, stills, and press material will be used for promotional purposes for this year's festival and in the years to come. Please note, you are still responsible for the promotion of your film.
You must have the legal right to submit the work and any other materials accompanying your submission.
GFF terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.