Great Plains Film Festival is ready for Round 3!
September 8th-10th 2023 marks the third year of the Great Plains Film Festival. During its 3-day run, we will kick-off our third year with a wide range of films, including comedy, drama, horror, and first time filmmakers. We encourage submissions from directors who will be able to attend the entire festival, as we love to meet and network; forming friendships with fellow filmmakers and learning from each other is a key part of our festival!
Great Plains was formed to bring people together and to showcase their talents. Everyone deserves their chance. Tom Hanks, Al Pacino, and Steven Spielberg all had to start somewhere, so there are many people out there waiting to be discovered. In addition to films, we will have a kickoff party, workshops, panels, Q&As, networking events and whatever else our creative minds create year-to-year! And this year, we will be adding a makeup challenge to showcase makeup artists.
The daytime film venue is at the Canadian Valley VoTech 1701 Czech Hall Road, Yukon, OK. A wide variety of films will be exhibited, from short films to features, ranging across many different genres. Screenplays will be workshopped with actors and given critiques by industry professionals. In addition there will be several guests on-hand to demonstrate during topical panels, and many filmmakers responsible for the works will be on-hand to provide lively discussion through Q&As, as-well as to network with local audiences, film buffs, and industry professionals alike.
Students with a valid student ID get into the film screenings and music portions for free. Passes for the general public will be available for purchase here as-well as on the festival's Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/GreatPlainsFilmFestival. Tickets for individual screening blocks are $15 at the door.
We hope to see you at Great Plains Film Festival this upcoming year and thank YOU for your submissions; we look forward to having you as part of our festival to celebrate great film and have a lot of fun!
In-person attendees at the awards ceremony will receive digital Laurels and medals. Medals will be mailed out to winners unable to attend.
Films represented at the fest will receive 2 VIP passes.
- We take all genres (excluding adult films).
- Domestic and International feature films, documentaries, shorts, VR, and student films are welcome.
- We reserve the right to determine the eligibility of all projects submitted.
- Projects must have been completed within 12 months of the event date to be eligible.
- All accepted films will be considered for competition unless otherwise noted. Projects may be accepted and presented "out of competition" if they fail to meet certain criteria.
- We reserve the right to play selected films of our choice at the actual festival based on filmmaker attendance, among other factors.
- Students must provide proof of student status at the time of production. Details are provided in the student categories.
- All foreign language films must be submitted with English subtitles. Unfortunately any films that are submitted without working English subtitles will be disqualified without a refund of submission fees.
- It is the filmmakers' responsibility to check the quality of the final file before submitting. Though we check and will notify you if we find any errors, sometimes things can be overlooked. It is up to you to deliver a file you are pleased to exhibit.
- Exhibition films should be download-enabled on Vimeo (preferred) or you may send us
a standalone .MP4 or .MOV file via DropBox. In the instance of a Feature Film Premiere, we will also accept a DCP on a standard external plug and play USB hard drive.
(If your film is selected to screen at the festival you will be given more information at a later date.)
- Submission to the festival grants Great Plains Film permission to use excerpts of accepted work and promotional materials (i.e. posters, photos, film trailers, etc.) in all promotional activities related to the festival.
THE FINE PRINT
By submitting to Great Plains Film Festival, I understand and agree to the following:
1. I have carefully read and understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the Great Plains Film.
2. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
3. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Great Plains Film and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
4. I understand Great Plains Film will not pay any shipping fees for promotional materials or awards. Materials sent will not be returned.
5. I understand and agree that if my film is selected, the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of Great Plains Film.