Welcome to the 'Orbits'
This year the prestigious Goldschmidt geochemistry conference and Wild Orbit films are hosting a week long celebration of the very best science communication. Prizes, or Orbits, will be awarded to the best communicators in our science.
Goldschmidt Wild Orbit Cinema 2017 opens for submissions on the 1st of March 2017.
We looking for the best geochemistry science films made by you, the scientists.
At Goldschmidt 2017 we will showcase your accessible films. Ones that communicate your important discoveries and ideas to the widest possible public.
We welcome films from around the world that make geochemistry accessible and relevant to the biggest audiences.
Judges - more coming soon.
Professor Liane Benning
Liane G. Benning is Professor in Interface Geochemistry at the German Research Center for Geosciences (GFZ) and Professor of experimental biogeochemistry at the School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds.
Dr Zita Martins
Imperial College London
Faculty of Engineering, Department of Earth Science & Engineering
Royal Society Research Fellow
Science Cinema is a place for audiences and filmmakers to engage with one another. The Festival features a host of screenings, panels, educational events, and Q&A’s that foster understanding and public engagement with our discipline.
As well as winning an 'Orbit' and gaining exposure for your film, you could win -
A visit to CERN - learning about their work and latest developments.
A 5-year EAG membership.
More Coming Soon!
1. Films completed before July 15, 2017 are eligible.
2. There must at least one filmmaker who is a scientist.
2. Films must have geochemistry as a main theme or subject.
3. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English.
4. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
1. Films must be submitted via Freewayfilms
2. Only complete entries will be considered.
1. The deadline for entries is July 15, 2017
Judging & Selection
A shortlist of 20 films will be selected for inclusion by the Wild Orbit panel. If a film is selected, we will contact the entrant by phone or email.
All entrants will be notified on or before August 1, 2017.
Winners and runners-up will be selected from the short list and judged in the two weeks before the festival.
During Goldschmidt 2017 (if selected) your film will be eligible for the audience award. This will be decided by public polling taking place through the week of the event