A touring quarterly feature and short film screenings. Live Screenings with strategic partners & Venues if deemed appropriate and not cost prohibative and annual feature film/Shorts/Docs/Animation screenings covering all Award Winners from the four seasons in London. The Annual Fillm Festival will held over a two or three day period, which is dependent upon the Devised Programme Schedule. To date we have had Live Screenings in 4 countries United Kingdom (London & Leeds), New Zealand (Auckland), Bulgaria (Varna), Montenegro (Cetijne), and intended Live Screenings in India, Saudi Arabia and UAE (Dubai) with an annual live award ceremony.
The main focus of the festival is supporting and promoting new emerging filmmakers and provide avenues and honor their talent and hard work as well as to introduce them to new opportunities for networking, collaboration, distribution and continuing education and training.
Our long personal experience has led us to develop a film festival (platform/service) which aims to combine all the best practices/features which currently exist or are not evident among our competitors in the sector, in one easily accessible and affordable platform whose main goal is to serve, honer, connect, promote and educate emerging talents as well as the established ones. We aim to give voice and presence to emerging filmmakers coupled with “know how” for them to progress in their professional career.
We are member of Universal Film Festival Organization (UFFO), which currently has 370 member festivals which adhere to its code of conduct.
Our judging panel comprised of academics and award winning film professionals working in the industry.
We offer inclusion of award winning films in partner festivals.
Film submissions exclusively on FilmFreeway, so that you don’t have to deal with multiple platforms and also because FilmFreeway has the option for you to receive a discount for multiple submissions by becoming a GOLD member.
We pledge to provide full transparency of all details of the competition which are explained in detail on FilmFreeway and the film festival website.(www.gniff.com)
OUR ETHOS - Golden Nugget International Film Festival Team
We would best describe ourselves as being creative entrepreneurs, which for us means that we have an insatiable thirst for learning, evolving and creating. There is simply no one end goal.
This translates into following an agenda which encompasses advanced communication, empowerment, continuous learning and development, leading to a sustainable economic development and a sustainable future for individuals, organisations, and nations across the world.
All nominated entries are promoted through our and our partners' social media and websites with a dedicated page on www.gniff.com with synopsis, film stills and trailers and video interviews with the nominated filmmakers and the award winners. For this purpose, we recommend that projects must be fully entered on FilmFreeway including the full film, film stills, BTS stills, downloadable poster and trailer or teaser.
All selected entrants will be notified within 7 working days after the late deadline for each quarter.
Festival Laurel, Certificate, for quarterly category award winners (selected by our Jury) and an award of the Audience (selected by the public during the live screening event at the venues.
A TOUR of winning features and shorts in London, Leeds, Dubai and many other cities in front of live audience.
All main category Award winning films receive a published review on the film festival website and if applicable on their IMDB page.
ALL winners receive consideration for distribution from a major international short and feature film distributor.
BTS footage if available of all award winners will be considered for publication on the film festival website.
On camera interviews of all award winners and nominees will be published on the film festival social media.
The film festival social media and website will provide a platform for promotion of nominated and award winning filmmakers, as well as it will act as an educational and training resource for the filmmakers to facilitate their further professional growth.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
A privileged discount from our Education and Training Partners for all award winners.
1. Developing your screenplay/short (from script to screen) Training
2. ACCESS TO Private GOLDEN NUGGET FILMMAKERS Facebook GROUP
3. Entrepreneurial FEARLESS FILMMAKING COMMUNITY NETWORK
4. Sales and Distribution Training
5. Marketing skills training
6. Online and classroom based courses with partner organizations’
9. Actors in training course online and classroom based
10. personal development mentoring
11. BRANDING WORKSHOP
12. SCRIPT CONSULTING SERVICES
13. Road map to making your first feature/short
1. Submitter agrees they have read and understood all the terms and conditions, rules and guidelines before submitting a project.
2. Submitter must upload trailer, poster and the film, and EPK (Electronic Press Kit if available) on the FilmFreeway platform and make them available for download.
3. Selected films won't be uploaded or shared online, unless the submitter has given prior permission, or if it is already publicly available.
4. All film selected for screening will be notified and will be required to provide a HD or a Full HD video file encoded with H264 MPEG-4 video codec and AAC/MP3 audio codec. Allowed file extensions are .MOV and .MP4. If you are unsure about your file, please contact our team.
5. Student Projects - The submitter must have been a student at the time of production. All levels of education are eligible. It is mandatory the student status evidence (e.g copy of student card included in the project).
6. Every submitted film irrespective of its original language must provide English subtitles (even if the spoken language is English) to enable us to address foreign audiences.
7. By submitting your film, you agree that:
a. The film festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
b. Entry fees are non-refundable.
c. You own all the rights to the film.
8. The film festival does not accept the following:
a. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations.
b. Explicit sexual content
c. Content propagating violence or drug abuse
d. Films which are made before year 2007.
e. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD or too low bitrate resulting in low picture quality).
9. All genres are accepted with a maximum length mentioned in their respective categories.
10. We may suggest relevant categories for your film other than selected by yourself.
11. The Producer will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
12. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
13. If chosen as an official selection, the Film Festival is granted the permission to exhibit the film at the Film Festival and all associated screenings. Location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the Film Festival.