Global Nonviolent Film Festival is the most important and renowned international film festival of NON-VIOLENT films.
The Festival offers the best virtual platform to showcase your films, documentaries and music videos to distributors, media executives, your contacts and the general public, while competing for awards and recognition!
▪ 85% SELECTION RATE!
▪ Since 2012, over 400 films have been selected and 150 have been awarded.
▪ This is an on-line event viewed by film professionals, media executives and the general public from all over the world. All the films, documentaries, shorts and music videos that are selected will be showcased during the 11-day event on the Festival's Streaming Channel on Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/ondemand/globalfilmfestival
▪ DARIA! magazine is a partner and it features interviews and articles about all the selected films and filmmakers in its annual issue. The magazine is available on-line and it is read by industry professionals and the general public since 2005: www.dariamagazine.com
▪ The Festival has been recognized by the IMDB and all the awards handed each year are listed and linked to the respective films’ and filmmakers’ profiles.
This year, from September 24 to October 4, the selected films will be available for viewing only on the Festival’s Streaming Channel on Vimeo where NO downloads are possible. Downloads of the films are not allowed for the protection of the product. Additionally, as soon as the Festival ends, all the films are removed from the channel. The trailers remain available indefinitely so that the films continue to be promoted internationally for a very long time.
All films submitted MUST BE NON-VIOLENT: the Festival does not accept films that showcase explicit or graphic violence; implied acts of violence may be accepted if they are justified by the message of the film.
The films submitted must be available in English language or in their original language with English subtitles.
The Festival was founded by film director Bruno Pischiutta and producer Daria Trifu in 2012 to showcase non-violent, motion pictures and to show that these movies are not only capable of great international success but they are also in high demand by the public.
The Festival accepts submissions in the following categories:
▪ Feature Live Action Film (over 40 minutes)
▪ Feature Animation Film (over 40 minutes)
▪ Feature Documentary (over 40 minutes)
▪ Feature Docudrama (over 40 minutes)
▪ Short Live Action Film (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
▪ Short Documentary (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
▪ Short Animation Film (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
▪ Short Docudrama (min. 10 minutes - max. 40 minutes)
▪ Video Music
The awards are decided by the Jury.
▪ Awards are given in every category for “Best CATEGORY NAME”.
▪ Awards, in each category, may also be given for “Best Actor/Actress”, “Best Director”, “Best Cinematography”, “Best Screenplay”, “Best Music”, and more.
▪ All the Awards are listed on the IMDB and are linked to each film's profile.
▪ All selected films receive Laurels; the awarded filmmakers receive Laurels and Award Certificates.
Special Awards may be given at the discretion of the Festival's Organizers, such as:
▪ Honorary Award
It recognizes the ongoing work and career contributions of an individual within the entertainment, business and/or humanitarian fields.
▪ Lifetime Achievement Award
It recognizes a performer who, during his/her lifetime, has made creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance to the field of the performing arts.
▪ InkTip Listing
In partnership with InkTip, the awarded filmmakers will receive an InkTip Script Listing: A listing of his/her scripts on InkTip so that producers and reps can find them.
▪ iPitch.tv Listing
In partnership with iPitch.tv, the awarded filmmakers receive a complimentary 12-month listing of their project on iPitch’s popular film industry platform.
Digital Video File
Global Nonviolent Film Festival is an on-line Festival taking place on its Streaming Channel on Vimeo.
▪ If your film is selected, you must provide your film as a Digital video file. The film's Digital video file must be high quality and ready for screening (do not send films/files "for viewing purposes only").
The Festival requires a downloadable link to the Digital video file of the film:
(1) Send film using commercial Upload Site (Dropbox, YouSendIt, We Transfer, etc.) to email@example.com;
(2) Send film using Hosting Site (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org - must be able to DOWNLOAD version - be sure to activate this option.
▪ If your film is selected, the online screening at the Festival will be made using the Digital video file you have provided as described above. If the Digital video file you have provided is not ready for screening as described above, your submission will be deemed uncompleted and it will not be considered. In this case no refund of the submission fee will be provided.
For more information, you may contact the Festival at email@example.com and visit www.nonviolentfilmfestival.com.
▪ Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. Global Nonviolent Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
▪ The Festival does not pay screening fees.
▪ The Festival reserves the right to use any promotional materials related to the selected films and provided by the filmmakers (such as stills, posters, trailers, etc.) for marketing, publishing and broadcast purposes of the Festival in perpetuity.
▪ Entrants agree to indemnify the Festival and hold them and their employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with their participation or entry to the Festival. Global Nonviolent Film Festival is privately owned and organized by Global Film Studio Inc., a Canadian company federally incorporated.
Upon Submission, the Entrant(s) agrees to the following:
I have read and accept the rules and regulations for participation in the Global Nonviolent Film Festival that is an ONLINE festival. I agree that my film will be screened on the Vimeo Streaming Channel of the Festival, between September 24 and October 6*. (The Festival ends on October 4th however, the films remain available until October 6th in order to give the turn around of max. 72 hours to the viewers who have rented any of the videos).
I understand that the film will not be allowed for download by the viewers. Once the screening period ends, the full film file will be removed from the Vimeo Channel and, in its place, there will be the Trailer of my film which will remain available indefinitely.
I am legally authorized to enter this film in the Festival and, if any additional material is required by the Festival, I will provide it.
I agree to the use of any promotional materials of the film (including trailers, stills from the film, etc.), by Global Nonviolent Film Festival, for any marketing and promotional purposes of the Festival and for publishing in the magazine DARIA!.