Global Nonviolent Film Festival is the most important and renowned international film festival of NONVIOLENT films.
Starting in April 2021, the narrative films, documentaries, docudramas and animation films selected at the Global Nonviolent Film Festival are guaranteed a distribution contract proposal from Global Cinema Online - the one and only pay-per-view channel for nonviolent films and documentaries from all over the world that aims to become a world-stage competitor to Netflix!
The Festival offers the best virtual platform to showcase your films, documentaries and music videos to distributors, media executives, your contacts and the general public, while competing for awards and recognition!
▪ 50% AVERAGE SELECTION RATE!
▪ Since 2012, over 500 films have been selected and 200 have been awarded.
▪ This is an on-line event viewed by film professionals, media executives and the general public from all over the world. All the films, documentaries, shorts and music videos that are selected will be showcased during the 11-day event on the Festival's Streaming Channel at: www.globalnonviolentfilmfestival.com.
▪ Each selected film is introduced - with commentary and trailer - in the Daily Video Presentations provided throughout the 11-day event. The Video Presentations remain available on the Festival's Streaming channel after the event ends in order to provide long-term promotion to the participating films.
▪ DARIA! magazine is a partner and it features interviews and articles about all the selected films and filmmakers in its annual issue. The magazine is available on-line and it is read by industry professionals and the general public since 2005: www.dariamagazine.com.
▪ The Festival has been recognized by the IMDB and all the awards handed each year are listed and linked to the respective films’ and filmmakers’ profiles.
The 2021 edition takes place from September 23 to October 3. The selected films will be available for viewing only on the Festival’s Streaming Channel where NO downloads are possible. Downloads of the films are not allowed for the protection of the product. At the end of the Festival, all the films are removed from the channel. The trailers remain available for one year after the event ends so that the films continue to be promoted internationally for a very long time.
All films submitted MUST BE NONVIOLENT: the Festival does not accept films that showcase explicit or graphic violence; implied acts of violence may be accepted if they are justified by the message of the film.
The films submitted must be available in English language or in their original language with English subtitles.
The Festival was founded by film director Bruno Pischiutta and producer Daria Trifu in 2012 to showcase nonviolent motion pictures and to show that these movies are not only capable of great international success but they are also in high demand by the public.
The Festival accepts submissions in the following categories:
▪ Feature Live Action Film (40 minutes or more)
▪ Feature Animation Film (40 minutes or more)
▪ Feature Documentary (40 minutes or more)
▪ Feature Docudrama (40 minutes or more)
▪ Short Live Action Film (max. 39 minutes)
▪ Short Documentary (max. 39 minutes)
▪ Short Animation Film (max. 39 minutes)
▪ Short Docudrama (max. 39 minutes)
▪ Video Music (max. 39 minutes: if longer, it must be submitted in the one of the 'feature' categories that applies best to the content of the video-film)
The awards are decided by the Jury.
▪ Awards are given in every category for “Best CATEGORY NAME”, “Best Actor/Actress”, “Best Director”, “Best Cinematography”, “Best Screenplay”, “Best Music”, "best Editing", and more.
Special Awards may be given at the discretion of the Festival's Organizers, such as:
▪ Honorary Award
It recognizes the ongoing work and career contributions of an individual within the entertainment, business and/or humanitarian fields.
▪ Lifetime Achievement Award
It recognizes a performer who, during his/her lifetime, has made creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance to the field of the performing arts.
Each selected film receives the “Official Selection” Laurel. Each awarded film receives its Award Laurel.
▪ AWARD CERTIFICATE:
Each awarded film receives an Official Award Certificate (in color) that is signed by the Festival’s Director, and provided by e-mail to the recipient in high resolution for printing purposes.
▪ VIDEO PRESENTATION (DAILY):
Each selected film is introduced - with commentary and trailer - in the Daily Video Presentations provided throughout the 11-day event. The Video Presentations remain available on the Festival's Streaming Channel after the event ends in order to provide long-term promotion to the participating films.
▪ VIDEO PRESENTATION (AWARDS):
Each awarded film is announced in a video presentation - film’s trailer is included - that becomes available on the Festival’s Streaming Channel on the Monday after the closing. The Awards Presentation Video remains available on the channel indefinitely for long-term promotion of the awarded films. The Video is also available for download for the use of the filmmakers.
▪ MAGAZINE ARTICLE:
DARIA! magazine is a partner and it features interviews and articles about all the selected films and filmmakers in its annual issue. The magazine is available on-line and it is read by industry professionals and the general public since 2005: www.dariamagazine.com.
▪ IMDB AWARD LISTING:
The Festival has been recognized by the IMDB and all the awards handed each year are listed and linked to the respective films’ and filmmakers’ profiles.
Digital Video File
Global Nonviolent Film Festival is an on-line Festival taking place on its Streaming Channel at www.globalnonviolentfilmfestival.com.
▪ If your film is selected, you must provide your film as a Digital video file. The film's Digital video file must be high quality and ready for screening (do not send films/files "for viewing purposes only").
The Festival requires a downloadable link to the Digital video file of the film:
(1) Send film using commercial Upload Site (Dropbox, YouSendIt, We Transfer, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org;
(2) Send film using Hosting Site (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to email@example.com - must be able to DOWNLOAD version - be sure to activate this option.
▪ If your film is selected, the online screening at the Festival will be made using the Digital video file you have provided as described above. If the Digital video file you have provided is not ready for screening as described above, your submission will be deemed uncompleted and it will not be considered. In this case no refund of the submission fee will be provided.
For more information, you may contact the Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.nonviolentfilmfestival.com.
▪ Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. Global Nonviolent Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
▪ The Festival does not pay screening fees.
▪ The Festival reserves the right to use any promotional materials related to the selected films and provided by the filmmakers (such as stills, posters, trailers, etc.) for marketing, publishing and broadcast purposes of the Festival in perpetuity.
▪ Entrants agree to indemnify the Festival and hold them and their employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with their participation or entry to the Festival. Global Nonviolent Film Festival is privately owned and organized by Global Film Studio Inc., a Canadian company federally incorporated.
Upon Submission, the Entrant(s) agrees to the following:
I have read and accept the rules and regulations for participation in the Global Nonviolent Film Festival that is an ONLINE festival. I agree that my film will be screened on the Vimeo Streaming Channel of the Festival, between September 23 and October 10*. (The Festival ends on October 3rd however, the films remain available until October 10th).
I understand that the film will not be allowed for download by the viewers. Once the screening period ends, the full film file will be removed from the Streaming Channel and, in its place, there will be the Trailer of my film which will remain available indefinitely.
I am legally authorized to enter this film in the Festival and, if any additional material is required by the Festival, I will provide it.
I agree to the use of any promotional materials of the film (including trailers, stills from the film, etc.), by Global Nonviolent Film Festival, for any marketing and promotional purposes of the Festival, in the Daily Video Presentations of the Festival, and for publishing in the magazine DARIA!.