The Global Cinema Film Festival of Boston (GCFF) in partnership with Worldwide Cinema Frames Studios/Films LLC under the direction of multiple award winning Documentarian Raouf J. Jacob and award winning Executive Producer Lara M. Moreno are committed to bringing the best of global cinema to Boston. Our unflinching mission is to give filmmakers an opportunity to spotlight stories that deserve global attention. We take pride in being a platform that exhibits unflinching human rights films that make us care. Moreover, we strongly believe that your lens is the most powerful witness to the human condition near and far!
We invite and welcome the international community to take part in the Global Cinema Film Festival of Boston!
Note To All Filmmakers: Our sister company Worldwide Cinema Frames studios/films LLC will be conducting free workshops on distribution to all major platforms during our festival, offering digital and theatrical distribution opportunities to our filmmakers. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards & Prizes
Unless otherwise agreed to by Festival programmers in writing, awards will be given to the winning film director.
THE GLOBAL CINEMA FILM FESTIVAL OF BOSTON AWARDS will include a GRAND JURY PRIZE FOR BEST PICTURE (ALL CATEGORIES IN COMPETITION). Awards will be given in various categories.
PLEASE READ OUR RULES BELOW
THE GLOBAL CINEMA FILM FESTIVAL OF BOSTON GENERAL RULES:
Submission of a film constitutes acceptance of these Entry Rules & Regulations (by filmmakers and their agents/distributors), please review this document carefully prior to submitting your film for consideration.
***UNLESS GRANTED PRIOR APPROVAL BY FESTIVAL Please note that U.S. Narrative and Documentary Feature Films that have been previously released via any home video platform or other distribution platform including, but not limited to DVD, Blu-ray or video on demand, broadcast on television or the Internet (Youtube/Vimeo) in any country are not eligible for submission to the Festival unless the version submitted is significantly different from the version that was previously released or broadcast***
**ENTRY FEES ARE IN US DOLLARS AND NON-REFUNDABLE**
NOTIFICATION DATE: Filmmaker will be notified by email approximately Feb 1, 2018
NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE FILMS: MUST have English subtitles, no exceptions.
ENTRY MATERIALS: 1) Entry form online along with payment) Downloadable Online Vimeo screeners accepted/preferred (please provide us link and password) or1 DVD or Blu-ray copy of the film, formatted for Zone 1 (North America) labeled with the work’s Title, Running Time, Director(s) name(s).
** ENTRY MATERIAL WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND WILL BE STORED IN OUR ARCHIVE LIBRARY (NO EXCEPTIONS) **
A separate DVD or Blu-Ray must be accompanied by its own entry form and each entered work must pay separate submission fee.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED: You must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival upon invitation:
(1) You accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at the Global Cinema Film Festival of Boston, warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film, indemnify and hold harmless The Global Cinema Film festival of Boston and its affiliates against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at the Global Cinema Film Festival of Boston.
(2) You will be responsible for delivery of the exhibition copy of the invited work in one of the Exhibition Formats specified below to the address designated by the Festival.
TECHNICAL SPECS For FEATURE FILMS
We exhibit FEATURE FILMS in DIGITAL PROJECTION CINEMA: Dolby DSS200 Digital Cinema Projection (DCP), BLU-RAY, DVD.
SOUND CAPABILITIES: Film: Dolby SRD, Dolby SR, Dolby A Video Dolby E, Dolby 5.1,, Left & Right Stereo.
Films in competition will be required to provide a second exhibition copy to accommodate juror screenings and all exhibition copies must not contain any watermark and will not be returned.
(3) ONCE A FILM HAS BEEN SELECTED IT CANNOT BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE FESTIVAL
If your film is accepted to be shown in The Global Cinema Film Festival of Boston, you and/or your production company, distributors etc. won’t be allowed to withdraw the selected film from our film festival during or prior to the event.
(4) The Festival reserves the right to change the date and venue. Event will take place in March or April. The festival reserves the right to rotate every year. We will notify filmmakers of exact dates once their films are accepted.
(5) TICKETS: ALL invited filmmakers will receive 2 VIP ALL ACCESS PASSES , which grants access to Opening Night Red Carpet Event, all film screenings, and festival events.