Genesis international film festival (GIFF) is a creative competition where everyone can show their talent and be judged by a highly professional jury. GIFF was born out of the need to discover new talent among filmmakers - from filmmakers to CGIs.
The missions of the festival are tо:
- create a platform for demonstrating participant's unique view on art
- reward the best works with well-deserved attention
- build a community for exchanging useful contacts between creative people
Also we (organizers) want to show that each human being is a unique person with his own special outlook on life and art, and with the help of works from all over the world, we want to show how art can be diverse.
And if you read this text, here is 50% discount code: GIFFSPOT.
Winners will receive diplomas, laurels, customized statuettes or other prizes (depending on the nomination). This season's partners have already become ScreenReaders and Story Architect.
▸ SHORT FILMS (30 min. max)
🥇 Best Short Film – Grand prix
🏆 Best Short Film – Drama
🏆 Best Short Film – Comedy
🏆 Best Short Film – Animation
🏆 Best Short Film – Experimental
🏆 Best Short Film – Arthouse / Indie film
🏆 Best Short Film – Fantasy
🏆🚀 Best Short Film – Sci-fi (science fiction) - Organizer award
🎬 Best Director
🙍♀️ Best Actress
🙎♂️ Best Actor
🎥 Best Cinematographer
🎞️ Best Editing
🎼 Best Music or Score (Soundtrack, OST)
🏅 Best Visual Effects (VFX) - Organizer award
📝 Best Short Screenplay (filmed)
📝 Best Short Screenplay (script)
▸ ENTERTAINMENT PROJECTS
🎼 Best Music Video
💵 Best Advertising video
🌌 Best AR/VR (Augmented and Virtual Reality Short Content)
▸ SPECIAL AWARDS
💎 Special award
✌️ People's Choice Award
1. All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
2. There is entry fee required. Festival participation fees are non-refundable.
3. Work duration criteria:
- short films must be no longer than 30 minutes;
- documentaries must be no longer than 120 minutes;
- scripts must be no longer than 140 pages.
4. Selected films will be required to submit a high-resolution file of the project. To submit films for consideration to the Film Selection Committee fill out the online entry form and upload the film.
Accepted formats for visual artwork: .mp4 files, Vimeo/YouTube links, dropbox links or any cloud storage link.
5. All producers and/or directors who own the rights to the film they are submitting are eligible for competition.
6. Each filmmaker or producer may submit as many films as desired. An entry form for each work must be submitted.
7. If selected, participants will be notified via email in order to continue in the competition.
8. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations
9. By submitting an application to us, you give us the right to show your film online and also in front of a live audience in Moscow, Russia. Not all nominated films will be screened.
By submitting, the individual or corporation submitting the project hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the project for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.