Geelong Pride Film Festival supports Australian screenwriters through the Geelong Pride Film Festival Screenplay Commission
Geelong Pride Film Festival together with the City of Greater Geelong provides a $500 commission for an Australian LGBTIQA+ themed short film screenplay.
The Geelong Pride Film Festival (GPFF) in an emerging LGBTIQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Gender Diverse, Intersex and Queer) film festival in Geelong, Australia. Our non-profit community-run festival screens contemporary and classic LGBTIQ+ themed films in Geelong during an inclusive film festival for the whole community. In addition to our annual festival we host special one-off screenings throughout the year.
We screen a diverse mix of LGBTIQ+ feature films, short films, feature documentaries, short documentaries from across the world. This is the screenplay submission portal. To submit LGBTIQ+ films for consideration please visit our main festival submission portal at https://filmfreeway.com/GeelongPrideFilm
Geelong Pride Film Festival Screenplay Commission
Submissions are sought for a 3-to-10-minute screenplay that explores LGBTIQA+ characters and themes which incorporates or references a regional Australian setting or an iconic regional Australian symbol.
Terms of the LGBTIQA+ Short Film Screenplay Commission
• 3-10 minute screenplay
• Explores LGBTIQA+ characters and themes
• Incorporates or references a regional Australian setting and/or an iconic regional Australian symbol
• Must be completely original and the rights are held by the author/s
• Must be written in English (English translations must be provided where applicable)
• Submitted in correct filmscript format (See Screen Australia, Australian Writer’s Centre for examples).