Gabriela Jung is a performer and videomaker researching the interfaces of contemporary dance and video for dance pieces in dialogue with videocenography and videodances.
Performs on Campo Aberto - virtual space for practical research of dance improvisation and videodance - in progress since the beginning of the pandemic.
Gabriela's videodance creations selected at exhibitions and festivals include:
- 'a d e n t r o': Selected at the Independent Video Film Festival of Youtube Art Club Pavlos Paraschakis, Greece.
Videodance finalist at the Roma Short Film Festival, Dance Film category, from November 7 to 17, 2021.
Premiere at the Mykonos Biennale - Greece in the Video Graffiti session, with the work being projected on the walls of houses and gardens. From the 1st to the 5th of October 2021.
- 'Voadoras' (Flying Women): the video participated in the Videodança em Debate - carried out by the Choreographic Center of the City of Rio de Janeiro in partnership with Plataforma Face a Face (May/2020), IMARP International Dance Show - Images in Motion - Video dance (December/2020), online videodance festival Corpos em Perspectiva (January/2021), VII International Dance Biennial of Ceará - from Pair to Pair (March/2021) and Mykonos Biennial in the Video Graffiti session (October/2021).
Won the award for best film about women at the Hodu International Film Festival (January 2022).
Selected at Latest Visions: International Women's Day Film Festival (March 2022) and at Festival Renuac.
- 'Clube da Eva' (Eve's Club): finalist at La Danza in 1 minuto (february/2022), selected on Cuerpo Mediado - Edición Serpentina (decembre/2021) and ScreenDance Festival (april/2021).
- 'Campo Aberto - com.posições pandêmicas' (Open Field - Pandemic Compositions) nominated for best Videoart on FILMÓPTICO International Visual Art and Film Festival (apr/2021).
- ‘Campo Aberto - Perspectivas’ (Open Field - Perspectives) screened in Festival Internacional de Videodanza Cuerpo Mediado - Edición Bastarda from 11/26 to 12/5/2020 by the online platform Cine Públco El Cairo, Rosário/Argentina.
- ‘Campo Aberto - Repetição’ (Open Field - Repetition) exhibited at VII Bienal Internacional de Dança do Ceará - De Par em Par (mar/2021), Corpos em Perspectiva online videodance festival (jan/2021).
- ‘Janela’, 'when the sun drew on the wall' and ‘Campo aberto - máos e pés’ exhibited in Videodança em Casa online videodance festival (apr/2020 and nov/2020).
- ‘Vento de Baixo’ screened in Festival UP! at the Festival’s website (jun/2020).
- ‘This way I surround myself while I see myself more closely’ exhibited in Borbulha Festival (jun/2020).
- 'Translucydas' live stream at MONSTRA 4 (Integrated Arts Festival) (novembre/2020)
- 'Angular' live stream at MONSTRA 1 (Integrated Arts Festival) (march/2020).
- 'Tecnoperformance' (project by Denise Cathilina and Camila Fersi) streamed on YouTube at the Meeting of Independent Spaces of Art Rio 2020 and at ABCyber Simposium. Now the video-performance is displayed in a video-installation at Oi Futuro Flamengo-RJ since January 2021.
- Flying Woman: for the past two year has been creating and circulating with the solo performance that mixed dance, text and projection of images and videos.
- 'Strange Stories About a New Kingdom': in Performance-Installation, performance for theater and videodance 'Floresta', screened in the Internation Video Dance Festival Dance in Focus.
- Ofélia Moving Territories: dance performance where acts as assistant director and created part of the videos projected on the scene.
For the past 7 years she worked with filming and video editing with Coletivo Instantâneo and for artists such as Giselda Fernandes, Lígia Tourinho, Alysson Amancio, Ana Clara Amaral, Coletivo Fuga; filming and editing teasers for editions 1 to 8 of MOSTRA 69, in addition to videos resulting from workshops with AND Lab Research.