Gabriela Jung is a performer and videomaker researching the interfaces of contemporary dance and video for dance pieces in dialogue with videocenography and videodances.
Performs on Campo Aberto - virtual space for practical research of improvisation and dance composition - in progress since the beginning of the pandemic. The project was streamed live at the XI Semana Dança Cariri - Remote Edition and was contemplated in the Funarte RespirArte Award at the categories Dance and Integrated Arts.
Gabriela's videodance creations selected at exhibitions and festivals include:
- 'Voadoras' exhibited in Corpos em Perspectiva online videodance festival (jan/2021), IMARP | International Dance Festival - IMAGES in Motion (dec/2020), and Videodança em Debate (may/2020).
- ‘Campo Aberto - Perspectivas’ screened in Festival Internacional de Videodanza Cuerpo Mediado - Edición Bastarda from 11/26 to 12/5/2020 by the online platform Cine Públco El Cairo, Rosário/Argentina.
- ‘Campo Aberto - Repetição’ exhibited in Corpos em Perspectiva online videodance festival (jan/2021).
- ‘Janela’, 'when the sun drew on the wall' and ‘Campo aberto - máos e pés’ exhibited in Videodança em Casa online videodance festival (apr/2020 and nov/2020).
- ‘Vento de Baixo’ screened in Festival UP! at the Festival’s website (jun/2020).
- ‘This way I surround myself while I see myself more closely’ exhibited in Borbulha Festival (jun/2020).
- 'Tecnoperformance' (project by Denise Cathilina and Camila Fersi) streamed on YouTube at the Meeting of Independent Spaces of Art Rio 2020 and at ABCyber Simposium. Now the video-performance is displayed in a video-installation at Oi Futuro Flamengo-RJ since January 2021.
- Flying Woman: for the past two year has been creating and circulating with the solo performance that mixed dance, text and projection of images and videos.
- 'Strange Stories About a New Kingdom': in Performance-Installation, performance for theater and videodance 'Floresta', screened in the Internation Video Dance Festival Dance in Focus.
- Ofélia Moving Territories: dance performance where acts as assistant director and created part of the videos projected on the scene.
For the past 7 years she worked with filming and video editing with Coletivo Instantâneo and for artists such as Giselda Fernandes, Lígia Tourinho, Alysson Amancio, Ana Clara Amaral, Coletivo Fuga; filming and editing teasers for editions 1 to 8 of MOSTRA 69, in addition to videos resulting from workshops with AND Lab Research.