Grand OFF - World Independent Film Awards is the most important initiative promoting independent cinema in Poland and one of the most important cultural events related to independent cinema in the world. The mission of Grand OFF is to put independent cinema in the spotlight that both films and their makers deserve. This goal is achieved by a meticulous process of nominating submitted movies by the members of Grand OFF Jury, representing cinema professionals from 24 countries. This procedure culminates in a festive award ceremony, taking place in Warsaw since 2006 and attended each time by 400 distinguished representatives of the cinema world. A week later the awarded films are presented in more than 50 Polish cities.
Grand OFF is after all, a gate to the magical world of independent cinema, where all cinema connoisseurs, sophisticated audience and cinema professionals are welcome!
Grand OFF World Independent Short Film Awards submission is open for:
- films submitted by independent filmmakers and film clubs
- films submitted by Academy Members
- films submitted by directors of our partner film festivals
- whose length does not exceed 45 minutes
- films made after the 1st of January 2019
- films which were made without any professional production support (except for film schools)