Here at Frances Bell Films, we aim to collaboratively produce work, using the wide roster of Actors and Writers that we have the privilege of shooting at Frances Bell Photography. We are not just headshot photographers, but award-winning filmmakers with multiple projects in pre and post-production.
We are now looking for scripts to make our next Frances Bell Film. Think you’ve got one under your belt? We want to read it! Our winner will get 1-1 support from Henry Richmond as well as a 45-minute consultation with award-winning writer/director Guy Davies (As I Am). In addition to this, they will be given an offer from us to make their film, fully funded and produced by Frances Bell Films.
In a nutshell, we are looking for the next up-and-coming writer; maybe that’s you.
We know how hard it is to find your feet as a writer, so we want to show you the ground to step on and the path to take to get your script off the page and onto the screen. This means we will have a selection of quarterfinalists who will receive an official Frances Bell Screenwriting Comp Laurel.
Our Finalists will each have the opportunity to pitch their idea to Frances Bell Films as well as sitting in for a fully casted script read through, in person where possible.
Two weeks later we will announce our winner.
This competition is not only open for short/feature screenplays. We also consider short stories, plays, pilots and concepts, as long as they can be adapted to screen.
We have an extended feedback option specifically for writers that want to know what works, what doesn't work, where to improve and where their strengths lie. This kind of information is key for making your next draft a killer. What's even better is that you can resubmit to the same festival WITH the same improved script for no extra cost!
Be in the chance to win...
- Your will be given an offer from us to make your film, fully funded and produced by Frances Bell Films
- 1-1 support from Henry Richmond as well as a 45-minute consultation with award-winning writer/director Guy Davies (As I Am). In addition to this, they will be given an offer from us to make their film, fully funded and produced by Frances Bell Films.
- A professional writers photoshoot with Frances Bell Photography
- Poster and pitch deck support throughout production of the film
- A live table read with our hand-selected actors
- Runners up will also receive a fully casted table read and a chance to pitch to the team
Frances Bell Films accepts submissions for feature scripts, short scripts, student scripts, scripts for television/web series and pilots, as well as concepts, short stories, poems and plays, as long as these can be adapted to screen.
1) All submissions must be in PDF format.
2) All levels of experience eligible, whether it is your first script or your 100th, we want to read it!
3) All screenplays are considered complete once they are submitted to us. No revisions or updated copies will be accepted.
4) Submission fees are non-refundable.
5) Feature-length scripts must be a minimum of 60 pages. Short script submissions and TV/web series pilot scripts must under 60 pages.
6) Short Stories and poems must be under 20 pages.
7) Screenplays submitted to us can not have been optioned, purchased, or otherwise produced at the time of submission.
8) All submissions must be written in English.
9) Submissions must be original in content - you must own the property rights to the script.
10) One script submission per entry fee. You can submit as many scripts as you like but these must be individually submitted. You are welcome to resubmit after feedback.