The Fort William Mountain Festival is a five day celebration of mountains and the spirit of adventure, packed with inspirational films, speakers, workshops and exhibitions.
The Film Competition is sponsored by The John Muir Trust.
Films entered into the competition will be eligible for any of the following five category prizes:
- PEOPLE'S CHOICE - voted for by the festival audience from all films screened.
- BEST SHORT FILM - any film less than 15 minutes long
- BEST MOUNTAIN SPORTS FILM - Films featuring any mountain sport including climbing; snow sports; kayaking; mountain biking; base jumping; paragliding etc.
- BEST EXPLORATION AND ADVENTURE FILM - Films that depict adventure or exploration and can feature any outdoor pursuit such as cycling the length of a country or kayaking across an ocean.
- JOHN MUIR TRUST WILD PLACES FILM PRIZE - Any film that pertains to our wild places and shows the meaningful impact that spending time in wild places can have on individuals or groups of people.
Submission of any film to the Fort William Mountain Festival (FWMF) film competition via FilmFreeway agrees compliance, by the entrant, of the following terms and conditions.
All entrants to the FWMF film competition must UPLOAD their entry to FilmFreeway. We will not accept entries that are links to YouTube or Vimeo.
When entering, please upload:
- the screening version of the film,
- a poster image, and
- a trailer (optional).
Entry fee for film submissions is $20
Films should be encoded as “.mp4” or ”.mov” using the h264 codec.
Files should be less than 10GB in order to upload them to FilmFreeway.
The awarding of prizes will be decided by the FWMF film competition judges.
Finalists chosen by the FWMF film competition judges will be shown to the public at the FWMF on 21st February 2019.
RIGHTS AND LICENCES
Submissions to the film competition are not guaranteed to be shown at the Fort William Mountain Festival, but all entrants give the right to FWMF to show the film at the festival.
By submitting images and films to the FWMF film competition via FilmFreeway, the copyright holder is giving permission to FWMF to use the content for promotional purposes.
By submitting a film to the FWMF film competition, you are confirming that:
- all necessary permissions have been sought from contributors to the film,
- all royalties have been paid,
- all music licences for the public performance of the media has been obtained.