The Florence International Film Festival (FIFF - Florence, Italy) is an international cinema festival born with the aim to promote talented filmmakers, their works and their aesthetic research.
The Festival takes place once a year, in November.
The five best films for each category - the finalists - will be fully featured live during the event taking place in an auditorium in Florence: at the end of the event, winners will be announced.
The Festival provides Special Mentions both for finalists and for films of the official selection.
The Festival does not provide cash rewards: finalists and winners will be given a pdf certificate.
The Festival is open to every kind of film and support independent productions.
We do invite filmmakers from all over the world to join us: Florence, as lead city of the Renaissance, is waiting for your films!
The Florence International Film Festival is organised by Quarto Spazio Cultural Association.
Quarto Spazio has got partnerships with important institutions: MiC Ministero della Cultura - Direzione generale Cinema e audiovisivo (Italian Ministry of Culture), Comune di Firenze, Fondazione CR Firenze, CNA Firenze Metropolitana, Scuola di Musica di Fiesole and others.
The Festival will not be cancelled or postponed due to the Covid-19 emergency; only in case of future further restrictions, the Festival will take place completely on line.
Under the Patronage of 𝗠𝗶𝗖 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮 - 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘇𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗖𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝗲 𝗮𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗼 (𝗜𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗖𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲).
Awards and Special Mentions in the following categories:
- Best Feature Film (over 45 minutes long)
- Best Feature Documentary (over 45 minutes long)
- Best Short Film (under 45 minutes long)
- Best Short Documentary (under 45 minutes long)
- Best Actor (Feature and Short)
- Best Actress (Feature and Short)
- Best Score Film-Soundtrack (Feature and Short, Documentaries included)
- Best Music Video (under 10 minutes long)
- Best Poster
- Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted.
- If the film is not in English and in Italian, it must have English subtitles.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. FIFF won't cover any further costs incurred by applicants.
- After a film has been officially selected, the filmmaker will be informed and the film will be listed on the Festival web site on the page “Official Selection”. Being in that list doesn't mean that the film will be featured at the Festival: it only means that the film has been appreciated by our commitee and the production will be allowed to use the Festival logo on its own poster and advertising material.
- We do not accept: amateur videos | extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations | incitement to racial hatred | pornography | films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles for non-English or non-Italian films, video resolution lower than 1080p HD).
We don’t accept scripts.
We don’t accept excerpts or scenes from films: you must submit the entire film.
- Films must be submitted exclusively as an online streaming video via FilmFreeway Platform. There are no restrictions regarding: premiére, online status and production year.
- The decision of the Festival selection committee is final.
- The Festival committee has no obligation to be reviewing non-selected films.
- By entering the competition, applicants authorized to give live screening permission, if the film is among the finalists.
- FIFF reserves the right to use trailer, flyer and frames to promote your work and the Festival itself. The film will not be released and FIFF won't give your personal information to any third parties.
- Applicants represent that they have secured all necessary rights to submit their film and are solely responsible for the content of their work. By entering the competition, applicants are responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. FIFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
- The committee reserves the right to amend the Regulation.
- By submitting a film, applicants agree to our General Rules and Regulations. For any further question, please send an email to: email@example.com.