𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗛 𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰
The Florence International Film Festival (FIFF - Florence, Italy) is an international cinema festival born with the aim to promote talented filmmakers, their works and their aesthetic research.
The Festival takes place once a year, in autumn, in a live event.
The Festival includes prizes for each category, various awards and special mentions.
The winning films and those awarded special mentions will receive a pdf certificate.
The Festival is open to every kind of film and support independent productions.
We do invite filmmakers from all over the world to join us: Florence, as lead city of the Renaissance, is waiting for your films!
The Florence International Film Festival is organised by The Garden of Helichrysis Cultural Association.
The Festival will not be cancelled or postponed due to the Covid-19 emergency; only in case of future further restrictions, the Festival will take place completely on line.
𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀:
- Best Feature Film (over 45 minutes long)
- Best Feature Documentary (over 45 minutes long)
- Best Short Film (under 45 minutes long)
- Best Short Documentary (under 45 minutes long)
- Best Experimental Short Film (under 45 minutes long)
- Best Video Art Short Film (under 45 minutes long)
- Best Music Video (under 10 minutes long)
- Best Poster
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀:
- Best Experimental Short Film (Short films of all kinds characterised by experimental language).
- Best Video Art Short Film (Short films of all kinds characterised by a language related to Video Art).
- Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted.
- If the film is not in English and in Italian, it must have English subtitles.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. FIFF won't cover any further costs incurred by applicants.
- After a film has been officially selected, the filmmaker will be informed and the film will be listed on the Festival web site on the page “Official Selection”. Being in that list doesn't mean that the film will be featured at the Festival: it only means that the film has been appreciated by our commitee and the production will be allowed to use the Festival logo on its own poster and advertising material.
- We do not accept: amateur videos | extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations | incitement to racial hatred | pornography | films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles for non-English or non-Italian films, video resolution lower than 1080p HD).
We don’t accept scripts.
We don’t accept excerpts or scenes from films: you must submit the entire film.
- Films must be submitted exclusively as an online streaming video via FilmFreeway Platform. There are no restrictions regarding: premiére, online status and production year.
- The decision of the Festival selection committee is final.
- The Festival committee has no obligation to be reviewing non-selected films.
- By entering the competition, applicants authorized to give live screening permission, if the film is among the finalists.
- FIFF reserves the right to use trailer, flyer and frames to promote your work and the Festival itself. The film will not be released and FIFF won't give your personal information to any third parties.
- FIFF reserves the right to award prizes of various kinds, even if not included in the entry categories.
- Applicants represent that they have secured all necessary rights to submit their film and are solely responsible for the content of their work. By entering the competition, applicants are responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. FIFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
- The committee reserves the right to amend the Regulation.
- By submitting a film, applicants agree to our General Rules and Regulations. For any further question, please send an email to: email@example.com.