Flicks in an organization that stems from the culturally involved student associations in Groningen (The Netherlands), the Cultureel Studentencentrum Usva.
Flicks is a film festival that gives national and international student filmmakers the opportunity to participate in a challenging and fun initiative. They can send in their short films to compete for best film during the Flicks Festival. The committee will carefully select the best movies, which will be screened at our festival in March 2017. There is no specific theme for the films topic. During the festival there will be a jury to select the best film overall. The aim is to make students aware of what other students can achieve through film. The short films offer an opportunity to view the world from a different perspective, based on other cultural backgrounds. The unique part of Flicks International Student Short Film Festival is that it is a cultural event that is organized by and for international students.
We are looking forward to show you the work of talented student filmmakers from all over the world at this year's festival!
We will accept a total amount of 550 films. The current number of submissions is 431, which means we will still accept more than 100 films after our re-opening on Filmfreeway. We will unpause the application form on December 20th, 12pm (UTC +1). We expect to reach the limit of 550 soon after re-opening, so make sure that you submit your film as quickly as possible after the 20th of December.
Regulations Flicks International Student Short Film Festival
15th, 16th and 17th of March 2017, Groningen, The Netherlands
Films are eligible for the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival if:
• The film is no longer than 20 minutes
• The film has a completion date after December 2015
• The film is produced or directed be a student, who is attending a high school, college, university or a corresponding educational institution
• The film has clear-spoken English dialogues or has English subtitles.
We do not accept documentaries.
The makers own or cleared all rights of the submitted materials.
By submitting your film, Flicks International Student Short Film Festival has the right to screen selected films during the festival without paying for any screening fees. Furthermore, Flicks International Student Short Film Festival has the rights to use for promotional purposes before and after the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival of 2017.
How to enter?
To enter the festival, you have to submit your film on filmfreeway.com before the entry deadline of January 1st, 2017. Please be sure to upload your film subtitled in English if English in not the main language. Don't forgot to give us the password to access your film if it's in private.
The Flicks International Student Short Film Festival committee will select films that will be shown during the festival. You will receive an e-mail if you are participating or not.
By submitting an entry to the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival you acknowledge and agree with the following points:
- I am fully authorized to grant permission to the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival for showing my entry during the festival
- I declare that I own or cleared all the rights of my entry submitted to the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival
- The Flicks International Student Short Film Festival and their affiliated websites cannot be held responsible in any way for the content of my entry
- I indemnify and hold harmless the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival from and against all claims and legal expenses in connection with any claim, or third party claims based on my entry submitted to the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival
The Management and/or board of Flicks International Student Short Film Festival can always decide on exceptions to the regulations. Participation on Flicks International Student Short Film Festival implies acceptance of these regulations and decisions made by the management and board. The management and/or board of the Flicks International Student Short Film Festival decide in all cases where the regulations do not suffice.