YOU MUST BE A STUDENT (or 2021 graduate) OF A BERKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, USA SCHOOL TO SUBMIT.
The Five Minute FilmFEST is a FREE regional film challenge open toBerks County, Pennsylvania high school students. Students in Berks County, PA have the opportunity to create their best work and compete against other students in the region for trophies, prizes, and well-deserved recognition! Our mission is to encourage talented student filmmakers and media arts enthusiasts to explore the art of filmmaking. We want to empower our local youth to share their stories through digital media and develop the next generation of filmmakers!
• Submissions Open November 29th, 2021 thru March 31st, 2022 (FREE!)
Films will be screened on Social Media and BCTV during the month of May with a live award ceremony.
*FiveMinute FilmFEST winning films will also screen during StudentFEST during the 2022 ReadingFilmFEST
Students, teachers, and parents are welcome to attend the 2022 ReadingFilmFEST festival, including all workshops and panel discussions.
You must be a student or recent graduate (2021) of a Berks County, PA school to submit.
To receive a password: Please email your Name, Berks County School, Graduation Year and a copy of your student ID to info@ReadingFilmFest.com.
If you email us and are not a student of a Berks County, Pennsylvania, US High School YOUR EMAIL WILL BE IGNORED!
Submission must be an original short film/video project no more than 5 minutes in length. 3-5 minute total run time (TRT) video. Title slate, opening credits, and closing credits count as part of the TRT.
A film/video project can be part of a school assignment. Educators/teachers are encouraged to mentor/guide students through the film development process.
Students may submit on their own or educators may submit on behalf of the student(s).
All genres will be accepted, including original narrative/fiction, documentary/non-fiction, and music videos. All videos must utilize original or copyright-cleared music and images.
All submissions will be judged by independent jurors. Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the best films based on our judges scoring.
Students must reside in Berks County, PA or currently enrolled in a public, charter, cyber or private high school in Berks County. 2021 high school graduates are also eligible to submit.
First Place Overall Winner receives $200 gift card, Crystal Award, ReadingFilmFEST Filmmaker-T-shirt with Swag Bag
Second Place Overall Winner receives $150 gift card and Crystal Award
Third Place Winner receives $50 gift card and Award Certificate
All participating students and teachers will receive StudentFest / All Access Pass to 2022 ReadingFilmFEST
1. Berks County Pennsylvania High School students ONLY. Submitters must live (or maintain a permanent address) or go to school in Berks County, PA
2. Submitters must be enrolled in a high school program (public, private, or online) or be a 2021 graduate.
3. Create a 3-5 minute, total run (TRT) video. Title slate, opening credits, and closing credits count as part of the TRT.
4. Only original or copyright-cleared images and music will be accepted.
6. Submitting film implies a release to screen the film at the 2022 film festival.
7. To receive a password: Please email your Name, Berks County School, Graduation Year and a copy of your student ID to info@ReadingFilmFest.com.