Films for the Forest (F3) is an annual international short film challenge created by Rainforest Partnership in 2010. Since 2012, winning F3 films have screened as part of SXSW Community Screening every March in Austin, Texas.
Films for the Forest are films shot in, about or somehow relating to rainforests or the animals and people that depend on them.
Our goal is to create awareness about the importance of tropical rainforests and the ongoing threats faced by forests and their communities, through the powerful medium of film.
Visit filmsfortheforest.org for more information.
Narrative Shorts Category Winner and Runner Up* — Award Certificate & Official Laurels
Micro Shorts Category Winner and Runner Up* — Award Certificate & Official Laurels
*Youth Category may compete for prize and award
Terms and Conditions:
I am providing Rainforest Partnership and Films for the Forest (F3) with a submission (Film) for entry into the F3 short film challenge. The term Film shall include any titles, scripts, books, photographs, drawings, and other materials or information provided in connection with the submission.
In consideration for submitting the Film, I warrant and represent the following:
1) I am the owner of all rights in the Film, I am a co-owner of all rights in the Film and am acting with the permission and on behalf of the other co-owner(s) of the Film, or I am an authorized representative of the owner(s) of all rights in the Film and am acting with the permission and on behalf of the owner(s); and
2) I am 18 years of age or older, or I include with my submission a signed, written consent from my parent or legal guardian, available at http://www.filmsfortheforest.org.
3) I understand any compensation or prize awarded for a film submitted to F3 will be determined and distributed at the sole discretion of Rainforest Partnership and F3;
4) I understand that the Film will be reproduced, distributed, publicly displayed, digitally transmitted, and/or will have derivative works prepared based thereon prior to and as part of F3 related events;
5) I grant Rainforest Partnership and F3 a non-exclusive, non-transferable, irrevocable, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty free license to all intellectual property rights in the Film, including the right to reproduce, publicly display, digitally transmit, and prepare derivative works of all or part of the Film for non-commercial purposes;
6) I grant Rainforest Partnership and F3 the right to use the name(s), likeness, and/or any additional biographical information of the filmmakers in connection with the Film and/or F3, and I further grant Rainforest Partnership and F3 the right to provide this information to third party sponsors of F3; and
7) The Film does not violate any law or infringe any right of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, patent, privacy right, publicity right, or any other personal or property right.
8) I understand that if the original language of the submission is any other than English, then I will provide English subtitles to the best of my ability.
9) As further consideration of entering this F3 short film challenge, I agree to RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE RAINFOREST PARTNERSHIP AND F3 AND ANY AFFILIATES, SPONSORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND ASSIGNS THEREOF (RELEASED PARTIES) from and against all claims, damages, charges, injuries, losses, proceedings, suits, actions (including but not limited to tort actions, product liability actions, wrongful death actions, warranty actions, breach of contract actions, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, identity theft, loss of consortium claims), expenses and attorney fees that they or anyone on their behalf (including but not limited to their heirs, representatives or next of kin) have or might have for any death, injury, damage or claimed injury or damage arising out of, involving or relating to their participation in F3, including, but not limited to, any claim that the act or omission complained of was CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE IN ANY FORM OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
Additionally as consideration of entering this F3 short film challenge, I agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND RAINFOREST PARTNERSHIP AND F3 AND ANY AFFILIATES, SPONSORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (RELEASED PARTIES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES) RELATING TO SUCH VIOLATION AND/OR INFRINGEMENT IN THE EVENT THAT THE FILM DOES VIOLATE A LAW AND/OR INFRINGE A RIGHT OF A THIRD PARTY.
10) I agree that the Film is not subject to any threat of or actual litigation, arbitration, or other adversarial claim or proceeding;
I agree, in the event that a claim is asserted as described in Paragraph above (relating to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS clause), to reimburse Rainforest Partnership and F3 for all losses, fees, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) incurred in connection with defending against such claim, and agree that in no event can damages be awarded in excess of the submission fee for the Film.
11) I understand that submitting the Film creates no obligation for Rainforest Partnership or F3 to use the Film or to include the Film in any F3 screenings or events, and I hereby relinquish any right to assert any claim in any forum against Rainforest Partnership or F3 based upon, arising out of, or otherwise relating to the submission of the Film, exhibition of the Film, failure to exhibit the Film, and/or failure to award compensation or a prize for the Film;
12) I agree that these terms and conditions and all activities relating to F3, including the acceptance of the Film and exhibition thereof shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, United States; and
13) I agree that I have read, understood, and agree to the foregoing conditions and the Rules and Regulations for submitting the Film to F3 and Rainforest Partnership available at http://www.filmfreeway.com and http://www.filmsfortheforest.org, and that the foregoing conditions and Rules and Regulations shall not be superseded by any other information, including information elsewhere on the Rainforest Partnership or F3 website, any past conditions or Rules and Regulations relating to F3 and Rainforest Partnership, or any alleged oral communications with Rainforest Partnership, F3, or any representative thereof.
14) I understand that F3 is a short film challenge of skill with the Rules and Regulations for such challenge available at http://www.filmfreeway.com and http://www.filmsfortheforest.org, that any prize for a film submitted to F3 will be awarded based on skill demonstrated in creating and/or presenting such film, and that the award of such prize will be determined at the sole discretion of Rainforest Partnership, F3, and/or judges selected by Rainforest Partnership and F3 based on criteria determined by Rainforest Partnership, F3, and/or judges selected by Rainforest Partnership and F3. I further understand that Rainforest Partnership and F3 reserve the right in their sole discretion to terminate these terms and conditions or make changes to these terms and conditions at any time without notice.