Filmmakers of the Year Film Festival (FYFF) is established to support independent filmmakers to get international recognition, exposure, and opportunity for their careers.
We are looking for great film-making and piquant films and documentaries. We are focusing on every aspect of film and documentaries production, and seeking for outstanding film and documentaries produced, created, and craft carefully with passion and talent. Every brilliant filmmaker deserves an award, and we invite you to join the Filmmakers of the Year Film Festival.
Film and documentaries (any length) can join different categories and will be presented in front of a panel of juries.
- Filmmakers of the Year Film Festival (FYFF) will give awards for the overall winner as The Filmmaker of the Year, and give Platinum Award, Gold Award, and Silver Award.
- All accepted filmmakers are honored at the Awards Ceremony.
- The Overall winner will receive a statue during the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia. The festival will grant awards for attendant winners in Indonesia.
FILMMAKERS OF THE YEAR FILM FESTIVAL
- Rules and Regulation -
By submitting your film(s) or screenplay(s) to FILMMAKERS OF THE YEAR FILM FESTIVAL (the Festival), you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc. The submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. Films could be from any year.
3. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your envelope and shipping documents with "Not for commercial use - For Cultural Purposes Only."
B) All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
C) All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance), plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants. The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 3A through courier/post/professional transfer service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
5. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unexpected loss, stolen, or damage to your entries. Please do not send originals.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
9. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
10. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
11. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
15. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
16. All filmmakers/submitter are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
17. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
18. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
19. The submitter/filmmakers acknowledge that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
20. Submitter/filmmakers agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to FILMMAKERS OF THE YEAR FILM FESTIVAL (FYFF) shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.