A quaterly short film night at HOME cinema in Manchester, celebrating and showcasing the variety of films and filmmakers currently based in the North West of England.
We love to show audiences a variety of films and accept films of any genre; from fiction, to documentary, animation, experimental, innovative music videos, comedy and artist moving image.
We accept films old or new as long as they are under 20 minutes and made by filmmaker currently living in the North West of England.
Deadlines are rolling so if you miss one, or your film is not ready, don't worry you can enter it for the next screening. Screenings are usually in March, June, September and December (with deadlines in January, April, July/August and October)
All films are selected by a panel of audience members.
The event is a great opportunity to showcase your filmmaking talent and meet fellow filmmakers.
Audience award at every screening.
All selected filmmakers get a share of the Box Office takings which, depending on the number of films shown, might buy you a drink or two!
Non selected filmmakers will receive feedback from the panel should they want it.
• Films must made by filmmakers **currently living in the North West of England** (Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside).
By filmmakers we mean director, producer or writer.
• The films must be under 20 minutes (20 mins included)
• They can be of any genre (fiction, to documentary, animation, artist film...every genre is welcome!
• We don't accept resubmissions.
• If you have made a lot of films please send us **one submission per screening**, we try to make each screening varied so it is unlikely we would programme several films from the same director in one screening. But submissions are open all year round, you can enter another film for the next screening!
• You need to have cleared copyright of all external material you have used in your film (soundtrack, including credit music, video extracts etc.). We cannot screen films which have unauthorised use of material.