Film Festival with Live Screenings
Screenplay / Writing Contest
Join us on the Red Carpet
Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE and mix and mingle with Filmmakers and Content aggregators at the most prestigious entertainment complex in Los Angeles for live screenings of independent films in theater number 8, located next to the elevator adjacent to the concessions stands on the 2nd floor, theater # 8 boasts one of the largest screens in California, with the highest resolution Barco Projector available today. and the best surround sound, Theater # 8 has 286 extra large seats, and 6 extra seats in a triple wide center row for reserved handicap seating, L.A. Live is a Massive entertainment complex featuring regal cinemas theater & The Grammy Museum, plus the best five star restaurants, Hotel, bars, nightclubs & more, located next to the METRO train, L.A. LIVE is the number one location in southern California for entertainment and nightlife, with multiple secure parking structures, on site security, and friendly staff to accommodate visitors, ALL TICKETING for this event will be in advance.
Awards & Prizes
We aggressively promote on all social media and have promotions companies sharing all of our official selections and wins aggressively, winners receive marketing like no other festival. follow our accounts and see how satisfied our past winners and submitters are.
Screening in one of the largest and highest quality theaters in california is a win, distributors and content aggregators will once again be attending.
Rules & Terms
1. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via the participating submission platform FilmFreeway with a password-protected streaming URL.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Film Fest L.A. is not responsible for the streaming quality of online screeners.
4. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival immediately with that change so we may update your record.
5. Film Fest L.A. screens films as digital files from DCP during the Festival.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in the film, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. L.A. LIVE Film Fest expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, THE APPLICANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
1. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by Film Fest L.A. in connection with the dispute.
3. You MUST include your physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
Selected Films and Winners
1. Film Fest L.A. has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: identities of screeners or judges notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or details regarding the submission review or selection process. All information regarding the rating process is through the FilmFreeway rating system provided by FilmFreeway
2. Winners will be announced on November 10th 2018. The judges’ decision is final.
3. Official selections will be announced prior to November 1st 2018