Calling all Virginia High School visionaries. Submit your 30 minute short film addressing the theme Women: Providing Healing, Promoting Hope.
The winner and honorable mention pieces will both be shared during the Femme Film Festival that was facilitating last year by award winning actress Daphne Maxwell Reid and featured works by Mel Jones (Dear White People) and Tamika Lamison (Make a Film Foundation).
The Winner will receive a minimum of $500 and their school film department or art department will receive $500 as well.
1. The film’s director(s) must graduate in or after 2022.
2. The film's director(s) must attend a high school in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
3. You may submit as multiple submissions.
4. There are no limits on how many people can work on the film. Please list all contributors to your film on your FilmFreeway project page.
5. All copyrighted material used in your submission, including but not limited to music, images, titles, and footage, MUST be properly licensed. You must have permission and/or the proper rights to all content submitted. Please contact us if you are unsure.
6. Movies that contain nudity, gratuitous violence, excessive profanity, and/or derogatory and offensive intent will not be considered.
7. We prefer that submissions be provided as a YouTube link but we will request a downloadable link for your film if selected. You must send this link in order for your film to be screened. If necessary we may request a physical copy of your film.
8. Please keep film files 4GB or under.
9. The time limit for all submissions is 30 minutes, but excerpts of longer films are permitted.