Snowline Media, the largest film touring company in the UK and Ireland, is welcoming entries to the brand-new Feel Good Film Festival, a celebration of people (and maybe animals) who find happiness in unusual and unexpected ways. Aiming to provide solace, positivity and laughter during the current uncertain climate, we’re looking for inspirational, heartwarming and uplifting short films, from the curious to the crazy, that will help people delight in making the most of what they’ve got.
We’re after outstanding films/documentaries that feature captivating characters and engaging stories, where the human spirit triumphs in unexpected circumstances or against the odds. We want to feature films that move, surprise and entertain our audience. We also believe in the importance of humour in filmmaking, and want to get audiences smiling. If you think your film would suits the festival, we’d love to hear from you.
In the UK and Ireland, Snowline Media is the company behind the Banff Mountain Film Festival Tour, the Ocean Film Festival Tour, the Reel Rock Film Tour and the Top Dog Film Festival Tour, attracting audiences of over 100,000 people annually. The Feel Good Film Festival will be touring in venues and online from December 2020.
To ensure each and every festival finalist is rewarded for their outstanding filmmaking, a screening royalty will be paid to you every time your film is shown at the festival.
The festival will also include a People’s Choice Award that will be awarded to the film with the greatest number of audience votes after the festival
1. Films can be up to 50 minutes in length.
2. Film submissions are invited from both professional and amateur film makers.
3. All films in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
4. Films produced prior to the year 2015 will not be eligible for the competition.
5. A film submission does not guarantee it will screen at the Festival.
6. All film entries will be viewed prior to the festival by a festival selection committee.
7. By submitting your film, you agree to allow the Feel Good Film Festival to screen your film to the public as part of a compilation of finalist festival films at Feel Good Festival events.
8. To adapt to ever-changing restrictions in response to Covid-19, festival events may be held in any digital format including cinema projection, video on demand, DVD/Blu-Ray and streaming compilations, anywhere in the world. Films may be shown at multiple screenings.
9. By submitting your film, if your film is chosen as a finalist and included in any Feel Good Festival events as outlined above, you agree to the payment schedule as detailed in the awards section.
10. By submitting your film you agree to allow Snowline Media Ltd and its related bodies corporate, successors, licensees and assignees to use your film and any associated photos or extracts in the Feel Good Film Festival Film Tour or any associated film programming or film tour hosted by Snowline Media Ltd in any digital format including cinema projection, video on demand, DVD/Blu-Ray and streaming compilations, anywhere in the world in perpetuity.
11. The Festival Tour reserves the right to use up to two (2) minutes from each entry submitted for promotional purposes including but not limited to the Festival Trailer. Photographs, screen grabs or filmmaker submitted images may be used in promotional material and social media.
12. Applicants must have the intellectual property rights and distribution rights to enter this film into the competition. Applicants must acquire the performing rights for any music contained in the film and provide evidence should it be required.
13. If your film has been selected for the Feel Good Film Festival, we will contact you directly.
14. The final decision on the award winners and films included in the Feel Good Film Festival will be at the absolute discretion of the Event Organisers (Snowline Media Ltd).
By submitting your film, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the following terms:
1. All submissions will be retained by the Festival for selection and archival purposes and will not be returned.
2. The Applicant grants the Festival and its successors, licensees and assigns the right to copy the entry in its entirety to facilitate technical operations of the Festival Tour, in and through any and all media formats now known or hereafter devised.
3. You are duly authorised to submit this film to the festival and its competition.
4. You understand that the Feel Good Film Festival, and its owner Snowline Media Ltd, are not responsible for any type of loss or damage to you pertaining to the film or its use by Snowline Media Ltd.
Grants of rights of waiver
By entering the film competition, the Entrant represents and warrants that:
1. The Entrant hereby grants the Feel Food Film Festival the rights to use the film as outlined in this entry form.
2. It owns all rights, title and interest, including the copyright and all intellectual property rights, in and to the film being submitted to the Festival and has the right to distribute, exhibit and promote the film in or through all media formats now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Internet throughout the universe.
3. All music licences (including, without limitation, all synchronisation, mechanical and master-use licences, as applicable) have been obtained and all payments have been made that are required for the public performance of the music incorporated in the film; and
4. No material in the film being submitted by the Entrant to the Festival is libellous or is slanderous or defamatory or violates any right of privacy or publicity of any person, and the full use of the rights in such film will not violate any rights, including copyright or moral rights, of any person, film or corporation.
5. By entering the Feel Good Film Festival competition, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all entry rules and regulations of the Festival.
1.Format: Preferred format to receive and screen films is 16:9 ratio PAL format at High Definition resolution (preferably 1080p). Files should be encoded as a .mp4 file (H.264 format) with a bit rate of preferably less than 30MB.
2. Frame Rate: Please submit the frame rate that your film was edited in, to a maximum of 30 frames per second (ideally 24fps or higher).
3. Audio: AAC audio codec is preferred with 48,000kHz sample rate and 320k bit rate
4. Submitting your film: We encourage submissions of films preferably through the FilmFreeway platform or via digital download from fast servers, YouTube or Vimeo.
5. Hard Drives: If a physical hard drive is sent, filmmakers can request that can be returned after the festival. This would be at the Applicants cost, using recorded/tracked mail. Should you wish to use a courier instead, we ask that filmmakers make their own arrangements and cover the costs.
If your film is selected as a finalist for the Yonder Film Festival the following must be submitted:
1. A minimum of 3 high-resolution promotional still photographs at 300dpi should be submitted electronically for a film. We encourage the submission of more photographs if available.
2. All images should be labelled with film title and photographer credit (or provided in a separate word document) and images must include rights to be used for film promotional purposes.
3. We welcome the submission of film trailers from festival finalists to help us promote your film. We encourage a short version of 15-60 seconds and one longer version of over 60 seconds.
4. The Festival reserves the right to use all submitted promotional material for Festival promotional purposes across all media.