What is montage? The art of the cinematic "cut" has been around since the dawn of cinema and we plan to celebrate the skill of editing.
The Council for Greater Arts of Lima, Ohio has returned to host their fourth annual Film Festival, FAVORITE FLIX FILM NIGHT PRESENTS DEEP CUTS SHORT FILM FESTIVAL in Lima, OH on October 21-22, 2022.
There will be top cash prizes awarded to Best Short Film, Audience Choice and Best Edited Film.
All featured filmmakers will have the opportunity to host a brief Q&A to give details about the making and inspiration of their films.
On October 21, we will screen the top short films. On October 22, we will host a special screening of Brian De Palma's Blow Out, starring John Travolta, Nancy Allen and John Lithgow.
A cash prize of $500 will be awarded to the Best Short Film selected by the jury.
A cash prize of $250 will be awarded to the Audience Choice Award selected by the festival attendees.
The best edited film selected by the jury will receive the "Best Cut" Award.
All films accepted for screening will be provided with Festival laurels.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY RULES
1. The filmmakers are regional (Films from Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, West Virginia.)
2. All short films submitted are no longer than 20 minutes.
3. The film is of high quality.
4. We will not accept pornographic or exploitative "documentary" projects. Other than that, we will accept any other genre.
5. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form.
6. All films must be submitted by midnight, Wednesday, September 1, 2022. No exceptions.
7. Submission Fees are Final. No Refunds!
8. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
9. Films must be available for screening during Favorite Flix Film Night, set for October 21-22, 2022.
10. Films that have been submitted in previous years are NOT eligible to be resubmitted.
11. Favorite Flix reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
12. Selected films must provide a downloadable digital file of their film for screening during the festival. No YouTube links will be accepted. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your film in the requested format for exhibition, DO NOT SUBMIT your film.
13. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because Favorite Flix’s focus is on story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version, provided that no modifications have been made to the story itself.
14. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
15. Favorite Flix has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
16. Favorite Flix explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by Favorite Flix or by its volunteers.
17. Finalists and winners will be announced before or on October 8, 2022. The judges’ decision is final.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, Favorite Flix will not provide a refund.
No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
By submitting, you agree to be bound by these Rules and Terms. Note that submission deadlines are postmark deadlines. We grant no waivers from submission fees. Favorite Flix reserves the right to refuse entries, or to reject any film or screenplay that contains content that in its sole discretion Favorite Flix deems offensive or inappropriate. Favorite Flix may without advance notice amend these Rules and Terms from time to time, with any such amendment becoming effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates.
Submit your films via FilmFreeway no later than SEPTEMBER 1, 2022.
More information can be found on https://limaartscouncil.com. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to discovering your vision. Vive le Cinema!