The Fashion of Film competition is being produced by Glorified Media the producers of the 8th Annual Charlotte Black Film Festival. This year's theme is " Essence of Creativity" where we are celebrating the Art of Film, the Fashion of Film, the Creation of Film and the Music of Film.
Our Fashion of Film competition will allow designers to showcase their creative talents while incorporating film into their designs. This year’s contest we are asking entrants to design a stylish and innovative garment that reflects their personal interpretation of a fashion flare film.
Designers selected for the competition will be notified and required to pay a $99 showcase fee. Each designer will then be announced at our Fashion of Film networking event held on February 24th. Designers will select a number that will correspond to the film in which his or her design will be created. Models, local press, media and other industry professionals will be in attendance. Designers will have the opportunity to meet with models should they need them for the design showcase.
Designer I Category is open to students presently enrolled in high school or college.
Designer II Category is open to non- students whether you have 20 designs or none but feel you have a flair for fashion and creativity.
Finalists will present their designs at the Fashion of Film Showcase at the Charlotte Convention Center on Friday, April 6th, 2018, at 8 PM. Winners will be announced at the 8th Annual Red Carpet Vision Awards April 7, 2018, at the Charlotte Convention Center.
So what are you waiting for? Now is the time to #CreateYourStoryInStyle!
At the 8th Annual Red Carpet Vision Awards, we will announce two winners; one from Designer I and one from Designer II will be crowned. The Designer II winner will receive the title of "Fashion of Film Designer of the Year", $500.00 cash prize and award. The Designer I winner will be named "Student Fashion of Film Designer of the Year" $250.00 cash prize and award. In addition, each winning Designer will be promoted in after-show media on TV and Social media.
The People’s Choice Award
The Designer I and Designer II Peoples Choice winner will be determined by a public voting system. Voting will take place at the "Fashion of Film Showcase" and will be announced at the Red Carpet Awards Show. The winner will be recognized and receive their "People's Choice Award".
Designer I: is open to students presently enrolled in high school or college
Designer II: Non- students whether you have 20 designs or none but feel you have a flair for fashion and creativity.
The competition has two stages.
Stage I: Entrants are required to create a short 1 - 3-minute video highlighting the inspiration behind your reason for becoming a designer. Be sure to include design samples, favorite fashion trends, samples of fabrics used, sketches and images. In the video talk about your favorite movie clothing designs, what you would do differently and why you feel you should be selected as a finalist.
Video should include the following·: (Cell phone videos is acceptable)
• Introduce yourself or team (name, city, school or business)
• Highlight the inspiration behind your reasons for becoming a designer.
• What have you designed in the past or fashion shows participated in (if any upload
pictures to support your experience).
• Pick one of your favorite movies and describe the fashion scene and add your
creativity on what you would add, delete or change. (Please describe the scene of
Registration ends Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 at 5:00 pm. All participates will be notified by email on or before Thursday, February 22nd, 2018.
Finalist will meet on Saturday, February 24th to pull the movie that will inspire your design.
Complete the online registration and upload it to www.filmfreeway.com/fashionoffilm
Terms and condition
1. Participants must comply with stated entry requirements to be eligible to enter. 2. Employees (or members of their families) of The Charlotte Black Film Festival, Fashion of Film or Glorified Media, their agents or anyone connected with the competition are not eligible to enter. 3. Only one entry per person. 4. Entries must be received by Tuesday, February 19th, 2018.. 5. Responsibility cannot be accepted for lost or mislaid entries. Incomplete, illegible, damaged, plagiarized or defaced entries will be disqualified. 6. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified. No correspondence will be entered into. 7. Finalists and the winners will be jointly selected by the judging panel. The judges’ decision is final. 8. Glorified Media and the Charlotte Black Film Festival reserves the right to use entrants’ work and images for promotional use only. By entering the competition, permission to use the entrant’s work and images shall be deemed given. No payment of any kind will be made to the entrant.
2. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me or my traveling to and from this event, Produced by the Charlotte Black film Festival, Fashion of Film Showcase, Glorified Media), and their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents, the event sponsors and event volunteers, (B) indemnify and hold harmless all entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions during this event.
3. Upon completing my application and pressing SUBMIT, I acknowledge that I am an official entrant for the Fashion of Film Showcase. If selected I understand at the time of notification I am responsible for paying a $99 submission fee. I also understand this fee is for securing a spot in the Fashion of Film showcase where I am eligible to win the cash and prizes mentioned above. I understand that failure to submit my fee will disqualify me from participating in the showcase and my spot will be forwarded to another designer.