The excitement for our 5th year is high as we introduce a new schedule to entice attendees. Along with our usual outstanding venues, professional staff, unique trophies and networking opportunities, we are striving to make this festival for Films Like Yours.
This three day festival is located in the ever-growing downtown Enid with a city that is waiting to welcome you and your creations.
Best Feature Length Film
Best Short Film
Best Oklahoma Feature Length
Best Oklahoma Short Film
Best Screenplay - the Maxine Austin Award
Best Male Actor, Feature Length Film
Best Female Actor, Feature Length Film
Best Young Actor
Best Male Actor in a Short Film
Best Female Actor in a Short Film
Additional special awards may be given.
Winners will receive a one-of-a-kind trophy, designed by artists Nick Lillard. Winning Feature, Short, and Documentary will be shown after award ceremony on Sunday.
2018 F.L.Y. Film Festival
Rules and Regulations
Submissions forms must be completed with current phone, email, and mailing address information. Incomplete information may cause your project to be removed from consideration as an official entry or for awards.
Each filmmaker with a project that has been accepted to this year’s festival will receive 2 Three Day Passes to the event.
By submitting an entry, you agree to hold F.L.Y. Film Festival staff and volunteers, associated businesses, organizations, and sponsors harmless from all claims and liabilities connected with your participation and/or entry into the festival.
Entrants retain all rights to films and screenplays (as well as associated publicity materials).
Submitting your project grants permission to F.L.Y. Film Festival organizers to use film clips and publicity materials for promotions for festival and films on tv, radio, print, website, and social media.
F.L.Y. Film Festival reserves the right to reject any submission.
Submission Fees will not be refunded for any reason.
You will be notified if your film has been accepted and has a scheduled screening time. F.L.Y. organizers will make final decisions on screening.
I. Any film made after January 1, 2012 is eligible as long as they follow all other rules & regulations.
2. Films that have aired on US television prior to the festival or are currently commercially available for purchase or viewing are not eligible.
3. Film-makers must have all rights associated to their project to enter or exhibit their film. This includes rights to any audio or visual materials used in the film or with promotional materials.
4. Films containing graphic violence towards children or animals, scenes of explicit sexual content (considered pornographic) or films that promote violence towards or against any group (political, racial, sexuality, etc.) will not be shown at the festival and may not be considered for awards. If you have questions about your film’s content, please contact F.L.Y. Film Festival coordinators at email@example.com.
5. F.L.Y. Film Festival reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason at any time.
1. Submit your film online at filmfreeway.com/festival/FLYFilmFestival
Follow all instructions and rules. Fill out forms completely and accurately.
Make sure that you provide any passwords needed for judge’s viewing.
2. Multiple submissions are allowed but must be entered individually. Each film requires its own completed entry.
3. The submitting party must be either the producer or director of the film or author of the screenplay.
4. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles.
5. Submitted projects should not exceed 2 hours (120 minutes) in length, not including closing credits. Films that include scenes during the closing credits that continue the film’s narrative will be counted towards the total running time.
ACCEPTANCE INTO FESTIVAL
If notified of acceptance into the festival please make sure you have provided a downloadable copy of the project in the highest quality format possible, either through FilmFreeway or via email.
You do not have to be present to win. However, trophies will not be mailed to you.
We will keep the trophies available for six months after the festival for the filmmaker to pick up or to make shipping arrangements. Shipping charges will be the responsibility of the filmmaker.
Thank you for your interest in FLY Film Festival!!!!